Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop balance and bug guts...

Reaction score
As the weather warms up here in Oklahoma, the flying insects are coming out. I noticed some jello effect on my last flight, SOOO.. I inspected the props to discover that I have been chopping various insects into a million peices throughout my flights. I almost never take the props off because I can transport fully ready to fly. The props were covered (on the bottom) with bug guts and was throwing the props off balance. Gave them a good scrubbing down, and all is good now!.. Your warmer weather I1 tip from Oklahoma!:)

Last edited:
I'm in Oklahoma as well! Lawton to be exact. I was just flying down around a lake the other day and caught quite a few bugs too. As fast as the i1 goes with a tail wind I even managed to get some right smack dab on the front nose piece, sort of like how our car windshields end up covered completely in bug guts all summer long. Whereabouts you at anyways Highrpm?

Reactions: Highrpm955
My wife has planted our garden with several types of plants that attract the Monarch butterfly, they're quite beautiful. Not long ago I was proudly showing her my recently completed Tarot FY680 Hex hovering above our back yard when two Monarch butterflies flew across above the Hex. As you can imagine they got sucked down into it very quickly and ended up as butterfly confetti all over the yard!

yeah, here in New Hampshire, black flys and mosquitoes can really throw a heli off kilter. I normally fly single rotor and I have to clean the blades after every session. (Windex and paper towels work real well)

Cheers,
Lesn8r

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters