Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop locks shipped

Reaction score
dji has sent me an email that my prop locks have shipped. Probably safe to assume most of us are in the same situation. FedEx shipping says I will see them on February 2nd. Hope everyone gets theirs too. Now get us an iPad update and we are set.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Were you first round or second. I see the order for my locks but no shipping date on them.

Ah in which case I must patiently wait. Ive been doing flights without them but Im not going higher than 50 or so feet...

i was 3rd round got my inspire on january 15th I NEED THE PROP lock ASAP!!!!!!

Well it's good to see that some are on their way at least. No point in me panicking for the moment - 2 things holding me back:
Can't get my GS5 to connect because I apparently have the wrong cable. (This also means I can't get the aircraft back in the case because it's seemingly impossible to get it back into travel mode without the pilot app...)
Also, the torrential rain is showing no sign of stopping for at least 3 more days.

Nemmind :)

Roastie

Not sure if you've asked this somewhere else or have already tried, but you're unable to get into travel mode by toggeling your the gear switch 4 times? If you have tried this and it didn't work, make sure you're not doing this over carpet or a reflective surface. I typically place the Inspire on top of the case to transform. I've never had an issue doing this and I've never transitioned using the app either.
Yeah I tried that several times. I got it to come out of travel mode but for some reason it won't go back. No carpet in my house. Tried it on my desk, on tiles and on parquet. Will try the case tomorrow.

Thanks - now I know you have been doing this successfully, I feel like I should try harder :)

First... some sleep. Night!

Roasted

Well it's good to see that some are on their way at least. No point in me panicking for the moment - 2 things holding me back:
Can't get my GS5 to connect because I apparently have the wrong cable. (This also means I can't get the aircraft back in the case because it's seemingly impossible to get it back into travel mode without the pilot app...)
Also, the torrential rain is showing no sign of stopping for at least 3 more days.

Nemmind :)

Roastie
just flick the landing gear up and down 4 or more times and it will, dont need app to get to travel mode

OK I got it back in travel mode this morning. It needs a bit of persuasion.

Thanks folks

they just send me an email asking confirmation of the address where to ship. Do they will send an email when delivery is started? Will have possibility to track it?
by the way: very disappointing the situation about apple app.....

one more think: withouts locks we can not fly ? or are just extra security ?

Dji strongly suggests you do not fly without prop locks. If you fly without them, hand tighten them really well and don't cry to DJI if you loose a prop and it goes down. Most of us have been flying with no prop locks and no problem. Just be extra sure to check those props.

just receive an email advise me that mine are shipped today.
i was on the second production set.

I have flown with the locks now about a dozen battery charges. First impressions worried me since I was so used to getting them super hand tight that having to back off a bit to make them snap in worried me a little. All this time later though, I am used to them and it is becoming second nature. Sometimes one or two decide to be a bugger coming off but in the end it all works out.

Mazz what do you mean that you have to loosen the props a bit?
Hey Aurora..I flew without prop locks for several flights. .I believe the problem comes from taking your props on and off a bunch of times ..it wears out the anodizing on the inside of the black props causing them to loosen over time..just snug them up and take it easy when you fly and you should be ok..
Tighten your props normally and install the locks over the prop and the snap into place...that's it...

He said he had to back off on how tight the props were that was what I was concerned about. I have noticed that my black props are getting a little harder to snug in though... don't know if it's related to what you're saying.

He said he had to back off on how tight the props were that was what I was concerned about. I have noticed that my black props are getting a little harder to snug in though... don't know if it's related to what you're saying.
Yup..pilots are cleaning the inside of the props, the aluminum piece inside the prop,with alcohol ..they say it does the trick..just snug them up..don't over tighten them because it can cause the insert to become seperated from the prop..no Bueno. ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop