Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop upgrades?

Sky

Reaction score
any prop upgrade recommendations? I have the initial prop version (A).

I'm most likely going to get the rc tiger 14"x4.8" carbon fibers.

Thoughts?

Why are you going to get the tiger props?

Larger surface area. There's a balance of physics between the prop surface area, weight, spin speed, an material stresses. I like the carbon fiber for the weight and even distribution of acceleration stress. Also, the design pushes more air. However, because they push more air, they have greater resistance and move slower. The trade off ends up being a positive though. The increased thrust efficiency compensates for the slower movement so you get a net increase in flight time and control. You have more responsive controls because the amount of air displaced will be a larger volume, this fast reaction to user inputs.

Larger surface area. There's a balance of physics between the prop surface area, weight, spin speed, an material stresses. I like the carbon fiber for the weight and even distribution of acceleration stress. Also, the design pushes more air. However, because they push more air, they have greater resistance and move slower. The trade off ends up being a positive though. The increased thrust efficiency compensates for the slower movement so you get a net increase in flight time and control. You have more responsive controls because the amount of air displaced will be a larger volume, this fast reaction to user inputs.
Also. Because the stock ones are extremely cheap quality plastic molds. I received the original props with my i1. They need to be replaced.

I am not trying to get anyone in an uproar here but don't you think if these birds flew better faster higher Dji would put out a set of CF blades. These birds are designed around these "cheap blades" and if you hit somthing with factory blades or aftermarket won't they break either way. I will agree CF look great but I hate to trust somthing that is not tested by the people who designed our units and put a stamp of approval on it. I wanted a set as well a while back and got a lecture from many people on here some very knowledgable so I researched it and some people have had good luck with aftermarket many have not but the ones who have not learned a pricey lesson I go by the modo better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Waternut13134
I have yet to find a product that was designed with 100% efficiency. The stock props are a simple polymer from a mold, a cheap but effective manufacturing process when you spool up to x100's or x1000's of orders. However, from my experience, they aren't the most effective for flying.

I say experience beats assumptions any day. Not saying I am correct, I would suggest you figure out what works best for your needs. I'm not a physicists or engineer, I am actually a student of them, so I may be wrong for certain applications.

I look forward to making more mods and adaptions to the i1. I don't consider it perfect out of the box

How has this been working for you?

The props that come with the inspire look like they could easily break! The dji carbon reinforced props look much more durable and rigid than the ones that come with the inspire.

Does anyone fly with some that are carbon fiber reinforced?

How has this been working for you?

The props that come with the inspire look like they could easily break! The dji carbon reinforced props look much more durable and rigid than the ones that come with the inspire.

Does anyone fly with some that are carbon fiber reinforced?
The original quick release props are carbon reinforced....and exactly the same material as all the other DJI props.

Inspire 1 - 1345s Quick Release Props
EUR €9
Note:
Not compatible with Inspire 1 V2.0 and Inspire 1 Pro.
Needs to be mounted on 1345s Propeller Installation Kits.

1345 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Quick Release Rotor can be used with E800 tuned propulsion system, Inspire 1 and Matrice 100 platform.

Thanks! I did seem to read that after this post, but they are not as rigid as my dji 1242 carbon fiber reinforced props. Less carbon fiber maybe?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters