Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Propell balance question

Reaction score
The I1 propelles cannot be checked the same way as Phantom and many other multicopter props as there is no hole through. I've seen in some video a balancing rod for I1 props. Anyone have this rod, and if so, is there usually any unstability in the normal I1 props? From where to get this rod? The Orion one (Amazon.com) needs to have threads in the prop but in my props there are no threads in.

I guess the props and their balance are one of the most important issues in good flying performance. Weird that the prop balancer rod is not including in to the I1 set.

If you're using genuine DJI I1 propellers, there's no need for a balancing apparatus.

I was under the impression that you should balance props...I have no intention of buying any other props than DJI props...so I don't need to worry about balancing these props? I was going to invest in a balancer, etc. Thanks.

Yes I am using the DJI propellers but accoring to this video they are not always in balance. (
) And why should they make difference with all other props that sometimes need to balance. So I would love to hear if most people who have tested them that they really are in balance already! As I cannot test without a testing rod there is no way to do it myself.

I have found that about 90% of the time they are in balance. I have had a couple that were not and a light sanding with very fine (1000 grit) paper and a few passes made them perfect. Light sanding on the inside of the blades shows NO ill effect. Nothing to be worried about!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I have found that about 90% of the time they are in balance. I have had a couple that were not and a light sanding with very fine (1000 grit) paper and a few passes made them perfect. Light sanding on the inside of the blades shows NO ill effect. Nothing to be worried about!

Ok that sound good! But how you tested them? Do they have threads?

How much really, will this have on performance? Up in the air at the speed the motors go, I say very little?

I do also have a prop balancer but never use it anymore as stock DJI are fine
WIth the Phantom and some multicopters we made our selves, it did make quite difference if the props were in balance in flying experience in the first place, and probably also to motors in the long run. Less flutter, better in many ways! I guess the faster the props speed goes, the more it matters!

I feel a lot of the time we loose focus on what we primarily fly for, we concentrate on the craft so much, and yes doing all this is great, but let's all just get some good footage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel a lot of the time we loose focus on what we primarily fly for, we concentrate on the craft so much, and yes doing all this is great, but let's all just get some good footage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True! But I have in mind once when I flew a hexa and the shaft was breaking leaving only five motors spinning (luckily the hexa was Y-type) and I managed to land it safely even one arm had only one motor. So I am very worried to have a proper balance that does not cause any problems to the shafts that might cause a crash sometimes in the future. It is pretty expensive toy!

we need to have faith in DJI supplying these props, i get it, unlike flight logs, there is now way to gain any warranty if something was to go wrong because props were not balanced correctly.
when i buy something of this value, and its parts, i have to put faith in the manufacture, if i can not do this i should look elsewhere

True! But I have in mind once when I flew a hexa and the shaft was breaking leaving only five motors spinning (luckily the hexa was Y-type) and I managed to land it safely even one arm had only one motor. So I am very worried to have a proper balance that does not cause any problems to the shafts that might cause a crash sometimes in the future. It is pretty expensive toy!
i will say one thing stay clear of ebay, carbon props, we have all been tempted when official supply was low!

How much really, will this have on performance? Up in the air at the speed the motors go, I say very little?
A huge difference. At 9,000rpm the vibrations induced by even a slightly out of balance prop will put undue strain and cause premature wear on the bearings as well as transmit undesirable vibration through the craft to the gimbal.

A huge difference. At 9,000rpm the vibrations induced by even a slightly out of balance prop will put undue strain and cause premature wear on the bearings as well as transmit undesirable vibration through the craft to the gimbal.

I totally agree and that is why I started this thread. And I am still looking for a tool to chek and balance the props if there are any needs for adjusting them. So does anybody know about a tool for I1 props that does not have threads like the older version had?

I totally agree and that is why I started this thread. And I am still looking for a tool to chek and balance the props if there are any needs for adjusting them. So does anybody know about a tool for I1 props that does not have threads like the older version had?
Just use a main shaft from a 450 size TREX helicopter or similar.

Reactions: skylabimaging

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth