Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Proposed new Part 107 regs

Reaction score
Website
www.intheairphotography.com
Haven't read the whole thing yet - but -

1) Flying over people. If you have a drone that weighs less than .55 pounds you're good to go.
2) Flying at night. If you have anti-collision lights that can be seen from 3 miles away, you're good to go.
3) Looks like won't have to take a test every two years - you can get training instead.

and it looks like you'll have to get some training to fly at night.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/programs_pa..._NPRM_Operations_of_Small_UAS_Over_People.pdf

Great link, but cant see the page where its introduced....do tgey say whenbit goes into effect? My partner is due to retest within 6 weeks...

Haven't read the whole thing yet - but -

1) Flying over people. If you have a drone that weighs less than .55 pounds you're good to go.
2) Flying at night. If you have anti-collision lights that can be seen from 3 miles away, you're good to go.
3) Looks like won't have to take a test every two years - you can get training instead.

and it looks like you'll have to get some training to fly at night.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/programs_pa..._NPRM_Operations_of_Small_UAS_Over_People.pdf
For the FAA’s “Category 2” UAS, it looks like prop guards or something similar will be required to fly over people. And the manufacturer is responsible for demonstrating that the UAS meet the FAA’s maximum damage constraint (equal to a collision impact of less than 11 foot pounds of kinetic energy from a rigid object). So we wil have to wait and see if DJI will test the Inspire series, or if they will only do the testing on next generation drones specifically designed to meet the criteria. So existing drone owners may not get much relief from this (except for the loosening of the night flying restrictions) but it may mean that your next drone will be compliant.

These are the first published PROPOSED regs. Think they're asking for comment now. Prolly wouldn't take effect for some time (not sure how long)
Their header says they " are not accepting or posting comments, this posting is only to provide information about what will soon be published in the Federal Register"
So I was wondering if there was more info that might say when it will be published...and does that mean it will then be Law, or open to comment prior to becoming law...
Anyway, i can probably run that down if you dont know.

Tganks

Their header says they " are not accepting or posting comments, this posting is only to provide information about what will soon be published in the Federal Register"
So I was wondering if there was a web page you got this document from that might say when it will be published...and does that mean it will then be Law, or open to comment prior to becoming law...

Tganks

So I was wondering if there was more info that might say when it will be published...and does that mean it will then be Law, or open to comment prior to becoming law...

Tganks
Ah thanks for the clarification. Not sure when it becomes law...if you're on Twitter you might try asking @dronelaws

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian