Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question about I1 RC and phone charging

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, and new to the Inspire 1. I just picked one up today and am excited to get better at flying and filming with it. I have been lurking on here for a while and found out some great info from everyone's posts, so thank you.

Now I would like to ask you all a question. I was able to get it in the air and take it for a short spin, until my iPhone 5s ran out of battery. This was strange because I had 75% before I started, and flew for about 10 minutes. So my question is, does the RC charge the phone when it's connected? It seems to want to charge when I plug the phone in, but then clicks off and doesn't show a charging symbol. Is this normal? The app seemed to work fine while flying except for the huge battery drain. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks, Ian

Hi Ian,

The short answer is, no, the RC does not charge the phone.

The app does consume a little more power but using 75% of battery for a short flight does seem excessive. If you can cache the maps where you'll be flying, then put the phone in airplane mode when flying, you won't be using power to constantly refresh maps.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84