Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rapid Charger for TB50's

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there such a thing as a proven safe rapid charger for TB50's? Without going the official tb50 charging station route.

The factory hub/charger take roughly 1.5 hours to charge 1 set.

Looking to charge faster.

Hi,

Is there such a thing as a proven safe rapid charger for TB50's? Without going the official tb50 charging station route.

The factory hub/charger take roughly 1.5 hours to charge 1 set.

Looking to charge faster.
Not really since internal battery circuitry will not accept significantly bigger charging currents and simply shut off. You may experiment with 3rd party power supplies like I did, but the gain is minimal, not efforts worthy. By all means DJI charging station is the only way to go.

I use the DJI quick charger that I bought for my I1.
The brick is twice the size, and they sell an adapter for $12 to fit the I2 charging hub.
Works very well, so for $12 and the fast charger I already had, plus the charger that came with the bird, I have 8 batts plugged in at once.
And I found quality plastic pistol boxes at harbor freight that are as good as my $400 carrying case.
With a few mods, I can close the box with all batts charging and the foam in the box compresses everything perfectly.
There's two plugs sticking out, but no biggie, just shove all the slack inside.
Doing power lines, I can charge on the run, box bounces around, but it all stays secure.

Reactions: We Fly Florida
I use the DJI quick charger that I bought for my I1.
The brick is twice the size, and they sell an adapter for $12 to fit the I2 charging hub.
Works very well, so for $12 and the fast charger I already had, plus the charger that came with the bird, I have 8 batts plugged in at once.
And I found quality plastic pistol boxes at harbor freight that are as good as my $400 carrying case.
With a few mods, I can close the box with all batts charging and the foam in the box compresses everything perfectly.
There's two plugs sticking out, but no biggie, just shove all the slack inside.
Doing power lines, I can charge on the run, box bounces around, but it all stays secure.
Nice work.

Do you have any images of thos setup? Sounds like it works well.

Well, batter late than never.
Here's my 8 battery charging system.
Yes, I worked with what I had.
The chord anchors are water proof.
I would prefer flush mount, military grade Amphenol plugs, but it works quite well.

Nice setup, Dave. I like what you did there.

I think I need something that is a bit more rapid. Only charging 2 sets at a time is the kicker for me. With each set taking roughly 1.5 hours.

Thanks for the inspiration, though.

Nice setup, Dave. I like what you did there.

I think I need something that is a bit more rapid. Only charging 2 sets at a time is the kicker for me. With each set taking roughly 1.5 hours.

Thanks for the inspiration, though.
4 batteries are actively charging at a time, and the DJI Quick charger with I2 adaptor is amazingly fast.
I haven't timed it yet, but it does the job.
If both chargers were the DJI quick charger, it might fit the bill.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips