Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RAW SSD reader headaches. Any fix?

Reaction score
Its been a complete letdown. It takes try after try to get my PC to read the SSD using their idiotic software. 99% of the time windows sees the drive and assigns a drive letter but their moronic software refuses to see the drive. Most of the time their software will suddenly see it after I unplug it. But its obviously too stupid to realize the drive isn't plugged in. Then when I plug it in again, it disappears from the list.

Its a constant battle of trying to fiddle with unplugging it and plugging it back in fast enough for it to actually recognize it while its actually plugged in. A complete and total PITA. More often than not I just don't fly with the SSD anymore and just use the MP4 off the uSD card. I know I can read that instantly and don't have to play this silly game with DJI's software.

Since DJI chose NOT to use any sort of normal file system, windows doesn't see the files, only the installer.

Is there any fix for this crap?

Any alternate 3rd party software I can use to actually read the DNG files off it?

Dji Camera Exporter 1.0.0.11 (latest off their site)
Windows 10 Pro x84
Intel Core i7, 16g ram

works fine on windows 7 x 64 here.
I would go back to windows 7 given that's what they probably developed and tested it on the most.

What does Windows 10 Device Manager show when you plug it in? Is there a set of drivers in the SSD package software that it needs? If so, Windows 10 Create added some insane security block to unsigned drivers and it takes a lot of work to install them. I had that issue with something recently (May have been DJI Assistant 2, but I forget.) that Windows refused to detect and I had to do something I found on the web to get the driver installed that involved rebooting Windows and some other nonsense before it installed. Might try there.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool