Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC Firmware update and link

Reaction score
Hi all!

Updated my firmware on the aircraft and RC that came with it with no issues. Now I have a new RC (purchased after the aircraft) and cannot update the firmware OR link it to the aircraft. I want to use this controller as a slave.

Help?
Thanks!

In order to get it to link as a slave, it has to be linked as a master first. However, if the firmware is out of date, then the aircraft and transmitter may not pair. Get the update done first (if it needs to be updated).

Once that's done, turn on the new transmitter, connect to the app and go to the transmitter options. Select it as master. Once that's done, begin the pairing sequence from the app and then press the small red button on the front of the aircraft. The transmitter should pair, and now be the master for your aircraft. Then you can either select your original transmitter as the slave, or make the new one slave by just selecting the function in the app.

Thanks amkorp!

My problem is that I just updated the aircraft and my primary RC, which worked well, but the second one will not update (tried updating is as Master, Slave and Off). Tried removing the .pdf files that were on the sd card giving me the status of upgrades as well but to no avail. Deleted everything on sd card are downloaded the .17 download again, to no avail.

Even tried to use the USB from camera to RC as stated in DJI instructions but again... didn't work.

FYI, I've tried searching on the forum for similar threads but just could not find what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch for helping!!!

Cheers!

Thanks amkorp!

My problem is that I just updated the aircraft and my primary RC, which worked well, but the second one will not update (tried updating is as Master, Slave and Off). Tried removing the .pdf files that were on the sd card giving me the status of upgrades as well but to no avail. Deleted everything on sd card are downloaded the .17 download again, to no avail.

Even tried to use the USB from camera to RC as stated in DJI instructions but again... didn't work.

FYI, I've tried searching on the forum for similar threads but just could not find what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch for helping!!!

Cheers!

When you power the controller on with the USB stick (with firmware on it) plugged in, does the status light turn a purple color and then blue? Or does it stay white the entire time?

With the USB stick (firmware .17 on it, only) and set to Slave, status light stays purple. Only.

With the USB stick (firmware .17 on it, only) and set to Slave, status light stays purple. Only.

and your usb stick has nothing else on it other than the firmware file (.bin file which is about 83,780 KB in size).

You mentioned you were able to upgrade your other controller, did you use the same usb stick?

Used the same stick/sd card. The only other file that was on there was a .pdf stating that the aircraft update was completed. I tried updating the second RC with the same files, didn't work. Re downloaded the firmware on same stick.... Tried updating as master, slave and "off".... Tried from camera with usb... And then some... Started this thread ;)

Reactions: Fletcher
Used the same stick/sd card. The only other file that was on there was a .pdf stating that the aircraft update was completed. I tried updating the second RC with the same files, didn't work. Re downloaded the firmware on same stick.... Tried updating as master, slave and "off".... Tried from camera with usb... And then some... Started this thread ;)

ok let's give this a shot:

I'm going to assume you are using a PC

plug your usb stick in to your computer. goto "computer" and right click on the stick.
choose format
on the format window select the file system as "FAT"
check the box that says "quick format" and format the stick
Once the format is done, take the firmware file (just the single .bin file) and copy it over to the freshly formatted usb stick.
eject the stick, plug it into your remote and turn the remote on.
you should get the power on beeps, few seconds later a purple light and a few seconds after that a solid blue. once complete it should change to green.

Make sure the file you have on the usb stick is just the firmware file (no pdf or text files) and make sure that the file isn't in any folders, just straight onto the USB stick after you've formatted it.

If this all still doesn't work, there is a special firmware file that's floating around here on the site somewhere that is supposed to help with this problem.

ok let's give this a shot:

I'm going to assume you are using a PC

plug your usb stick in to your computer. goto "computer" and right click on the stick.
choose format
on the format window select the file system as "FAT"
check the box that says "quick format" and format the stick
Once the format is done, take the firmware file (just the single .bin file) and copy it over to the freshly formatted usb stick.
eject the stick, plug it into your remote and turn the remote on.
you should get the power on beeps, few seconds later a purple light and a few seconds after that a solid blue. once complete it should change to green.

Make sure the file you have on the usb stick is just the firmware file (no pdf or text files) and make sure that the file isn't in any folders, just straight onto the USB stick after you've formatted it.

If this all still doesn't work, there is a special firmware file that's floating around here on the site somewhere that is supposed to help with this problem.
I am using a Mac. We are going back to dealer for his assistance as the 24/7 support from DJI just repeats the same instructions as user's manual...

Thanks for your help. I'll share my solution with you when we achieve success!!

Success!!!!!

Reformat card, reload .bin (only), start process as instructed by DJI.

Used Mac.

Thanks for looking out amkorp!

Success!!!!!

Reformat card, reload .bin (only), start process as instructed by DJI.

Used Mac.

Thanks for looking out amkorp!

Glad to hear it!

I've found a lot of people who have been having update problems, it's been because of incompatible card/usb stick or bad file system type.

Just for my curiosity, do you remember which file system you selected when reformatting?

Glad you got it all working.. Just my 2 cents on file systems for the SD card in general. I have found that FAT and ExFAT both work for me, but when the file system is ExFAT, files copy waaaay faster..

but when the file system is ExFAT, files copy waaaay faster..

How do you get the SD card to remain in exFAT? I can format the card exFAT on a windows system but as soon as I format it in the Inspire it reverts to FAT32!?

How do you get the SD card to remain in exFAT? I can format the card exFAT on a windows system but as soon as I format it in the Inspire it reverts to FAT32!?

I don't use the Inspire to format the card. I just do it in the PC. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry