Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

READY TO FLY_Let the testing begin!!! (baby steps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBS

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Got my tracking showing arrival!! Marked "hold for pickup" so I don't have to wait all day!!
10818311_10206655809223668_1556268939010015621_o.jpg

I've been lurking and reading along for a week now... all info taken and processed for "what to do" when the inspire arrives... I do have one question tho... don't seem to see it anywhere.

At the back of the battery compartment there is a solid metal plate called the "Airframe Tag" (Original Part N 46)
$_12.JPG

This would appear to me to be a counter weight for COG... is this to be removed when using the heavier TB48 batteries?

Just curious... hope somebody knows the deal out there...

Look forward to flying and hanging out with you guys!

Hi, welcome to the forum.

No, you do not need to do anything different with the TB48's. Charge, load and fly.... :)

Reactions: Harry Nicholson
He DBS welcome and enjoy your Inspire,

Thanks guys...

Okay... so what is the airframe tag for?
Is it solid metal? Or just a hollow cover?

Anybody removed it just to see what's under there?
There are the wire bands for the USB and the lights under it

There are the wire bands for the USB and the lights under it

Thanks Tpoze :cool:

Well ... worked out great so far... all updates went fine... batteries charged ... second remote still finishing up ... first remote modded for long range with the itelite DBS Inspire Prototype attached and ready to go... old tablet mount from my P2V + fits right on there no problem so I can use the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 ... now to get out there and break in some batteries so I can go full retard on Saturday morning:mad::mad:

11134079_10206660468980159_932366337330601984_o.jpg

Lol you don't waste any time!
All the best with your flights, you will love the inspire.

Nice to see you on the Inspire forum, DBS. That antenna looks small, though - I expected more from you ;)

The Inspire/LightBridge already seems to have really great range out of the box, but I'll be looking forward to what you can do with it!

Nice to see you on the Inspire forum, DBS. That antenna looks small, though - I expected more from you ;)

The Inspire/LightBridge already seems to have really great range out of the box, but I'll be looking forward to what you can do with it!

Thanks Morgon... I'm so anxious I can't stand it... I wanna do a baseline flight and see what the stock range is at my spot... but... I took it easy tonight... mostly all hovering and put putting around to let the batteries have a nice easy first few flights... Should be ready to stretch her out by Saturday or Sunday.

Fly safe is all I say ;) the bird is one hell of a complex machine, never let that leave your mind

That is great advice... I think about it every minute out there.o_O

And so I'm happy to say my first 3 flights were completely uneventful... doing the whole "battery break in" thing just to be thorough and get a feel for the machine and any quirks that may show themselves in the beginning... so far... nuthin... all perfect... gadda say I was not at all prepared for the difference in sound after flying Phantoms for a year (really cool too... one year to the day that I got my P2V+)

Probly do this a couple more times tomorrow and Friday then GO FOR IT!!

Last edited:
Hey DBS..
Welcome to the forum!!
I noticed your antennas and was wondering if you could tell me about them..
Are these new antennas from itelite??
Enjoy your inspire!!
Happy flying..
Turbo...

hey Thanks Turbo... glad to be here in good company

The one pictured above is just a prototype I'm trying to test for them and see if it actually doubles or triples the range.

The only one they have released Is for the vision/vision Plus... so far

Reactions: turbodronepilot
DBS - I am watching you man... having kicked but with the DBS Phantom antenna I think there is great potential.

I've just got in from a video shoot in the wilds of willy, very high winds, stable as anything from ground to about 120m, no compass calibration errors with new firmware

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
only regret, i set camera to cloudy with standard lens, but was very high up in the moors and some footage is dark, nothing final cut can't sort. Was so impressed, I had my Anemometer and wind gusts were around 43 the bird stood its ground!

DBS - I am watching you man... having kicked but with the DBS Phantom antenna I think there is great potential.

Well here it is bro... some of the first "Baby steps of testing"... went 2 miles on the first run with a 4500mAh battery for a warm up... hauled it back in and went 3 miles with a 5700mAh just to start getting a feel for where we are with battery...

Stayed within some guidelines... under 400ft altitude... out over open farm land where it'll just drop on some agriculture if there were to be a problem.
11169578_10206680851889719_5442219354869087980_o.jpg

More testing soon to see what range battery life will give us "safely" without risking hardware.

We also did some experimenting to address the mistaken belief that these patch panels are "so directional" and "always need to be pointed directly at the copter even when flying close in"

Just a simple clip posted by a non-biased observer... he flies with a couple different brands of antenna.

More coming... but a bit at a time so we don't kill the bird trying to outfly an antenna that can't be outflown with the current battery setup. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry