Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Real Estate video tour commercial .. Need feedback

Finally someone that knows how to choose the nice smooth shots and edit! Nice job! I think you're using a P2V+ or a P2V with an aftermarket gimbal. You should try filming in 1080p 30fps or 1080i 60fps on narrow FOV setting. It'll get rid of most of the fisheye distortion.

Last edited:
Mikegwalk,
You video is great! What software are you using to modify the video?

Needs to be de-fished. All the straight lines of the house and some of the trees look super bent. I really think it's worth the effort to make these videos less GoPro like. Some lens correction and color work makes a huge difference. No shots from inside the house, but I realise you're trying to show the aerial angles.
I think that while aerials give an amazing perspective, they need to be used like any other shot or technique and used in combination. On their own it looks like you've got a new toy, but mixed in with other angles and you can something really effective.

Reactions: Simon Torkington
The Inspire will give far less distortion than the P2V gave you :)

I think you should mix in the interior shots with the aerials. My agents haven't had me do a video yet, but out of 30 stills they typically only want 5-6 outdoor shots and the rest are interior.

But, the big buildings (architects and engineers are the market) are usually more exterior focused.

Nice content, good perspective, I would just add a few transitions(simple) and utilize pathways for a fpv view of the homes so potential buyers get a feel for the properties. Might consider using a smooth-cam filter for the clips as-well for some real buttery movt.

Good question. I read a lot of post or comments stating "I was hired to film...." I wonder the same thing about 333 exemption. I also wonder if this falls under the FAA Notification process for Youtube post generating payment. If this video leads to the sale of an estate, does it fall under commercial operations? Just thinking out loud....

Good question. I read a lot of post or comments stating "I was hired to film...." I wonder the same thing about 333 exemption. I also wonder if this falls under the FAA Notification process for Youtube post generating payment. If this video leads to the sale of an estate, does it fall under commercial operations? Just thinking out loud....
Depends who you ask. If you ask the FAA then it falls in the NAS and they can fine you. A lot of 'rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission' which works until you get busted. Unfortunately in my area we have an FAA field office bent of putting everybody out of business that does not have a 333. We decided its better to wait for our 333 than to get busted and then have it denied due to a prior infraction. A front page article in our regional paper last week had in interview with a company that was busted via you tube and also had a follow up with the FAA who said their best resource for catching violators is via youtube.

Last edited:
Mikegwalk, it looks like the FAA has granted over 60 exemptions, up from 25 just a few weeks ago. It seems they're expediting the process. When did you initially apply? I applied around the beginning of January, hoping to hear soon. Good luck, hopefully you'll hear soon as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips