Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Really pissed off.

Cgland, please explain the exact sequence you want me to try. I'm all ears (and hopeful). When you say after the c1/c2 sequence what do you mean ?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Use the method the dji rep told you. Then as soon as that's done hit the button on the bird. Power down and restart

If the aircraft and he master controller are powered on and then you power on the slave, what colour is the light in the slave controller? The slave connects to the master controller, not the aircraft. It does not need a tablet to connect to the master. My USB port of my master controller died an dwoul dnot let me connect to any tablet I tried, however the Slave would still connect to the master and I could still move and control the gimbal, but I could not use the DJI Go app. Had to ship it back for repair.

Eye in the Sky, two quick comments FWIW:

1) This entire Section #1 is just a long rant, feel free to skip if you've seen this movie or just don't care.

Eye In the Skky ▸ I've been having issues with my Inspire One also, including initially the very same symptoms you are seeing with your remote. Unfortunately, I don't have good news, mostly only commiseration. (See #2)

<rant>
  1. I have purchased multiple (5+) various models of DJI's gear since the Phantom 1 came out. Nevertheless, even with all of that money invested in them I have all but had it. I tried to be a good early adopter and hang in there, but it has been years of the same ✵, and I know I don't have to repeat the many common complaints here, but to say I have seen many of them....

2. As a result of the near constant issues, I fly less often all the time, but this summer every week if I can at a minimum. For as long as I can remember now, it is extremely rare (<20% of the time) that I find two of my DJI birds available to when I wish to fly them, or mess around with a friend.

NOTE: I have read nearly every forum article there is to read about the Inspire One updates issues (1.9+); dead end after dead end... easily 30+ distinct attempts, perhaps as many as 50 at this point.

3. Anyway, I have so thoroughly and repeatedly tried all manner and modes of updating my Inspire One (if that is even the problem) that eventually a few pins that attach from the bird to the camera gimbal somehow became bent. I was incredulous at this because I am so extremely careful when removing the camera it almost can't be done any more gently (afaik). I turn the bird upside down, hold it firmly on a stand I have built and then turn the locking mechanism all the way to unlock before removing straight-up.

4. I regret merely complaining here, but I think it is pretty obvious a great many of us have nothing left to talk about but the problems preventing us from flying DJI gear in the very first place. I realize I now almost certainly need to send gear my Inspire One to DJI, but I have heard the nightmares and for the money.

Plenty of us buy all sorts of sophisticated devices that in their fourth generation and arguably many more than that, require far less special attention, babysitting and awkward/convoluted maintenance and "repair".

It is perhaps a future business school study to examine how a company named DJI managed to completely blow every possible market advantage a company in this day and age could ask for and end up getting acquired by a start-up funded specifically for that purpose, knowing they could add significantly value merely by thinking about their customer experience a little more.

Caveat/Full Disclosure: 1) So far about eight weeks in, I must say the P4 has been quite solid, running at least once a week either by myself or a friend/family member. 2) I also have the Inspire Pro Black and although I only flew it for about six weeks (it is at a location outside the U.S. and I didn't want to risk hauling it back and forth) it was reasonably reliable, though far from perfect.

5. It just shouldn't be this insanely difficult and so hit-and-miss that I cannot reliably even mention to a friend or a family member the idea of flying my DJI quad's on impulse, I've ended up frustrated and embarrassed too many times.
</rant>

2) Eye in the Sky: I did come across more than one post that talked about a special firmware like file that could be downloaded and inserted via USB stick to (as I recall) "reset" the remote and sort of clear out any previously failed firmware updates. Here is one such post, search for that file name + DJI to find several more: gs_ofdm.bin used to fix remotes frozen after firmware

3) At this point I am torn between tossing this DJI garbage in the dump or soldiering on to see what's next. In my case as I am sure many others, there is only so much time I can spend essentially spinning my wheels with dead equipment lacking almost all reasonable tools, functionality, or troubleshooting instructions one can rely on.

I'll try that and report back. Thx.

Hi, Eye in the sky,

I had a similar issue with an I1 remote bought second hand a while ago . It was having the same issue as yours. Not necessarily caused by the same fault, but something you might try. My problem with the remote was the HDMI/USB module was faulty, and I was able to prove the fault by swapping the HDMI from a working remote into the failing remote. Now obviously yours is brand new, and playing around inside the remote causes issues with the warranty, but I had not much to lose. Once I proved the fault with the HDMI/USB module, I bought a new phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade kit to fit the faulty remote, and it's now working perfectly. Don't ask me how to explain the issue to DJI, they are useless with service calls .

Ewan.

The OP refers to the "Disconnected" and that nothing will connect. I'm pretty new to this but there is one thing I know, it will always show disconnected if the bird is off. The connected and disconnected function is in reference to the status of the AC.
So I think your problem is elsewhere. Hope this helps a little.
Cheers

Hi all,

I'm hoping against hope that someone can give me some help.

I bought a slave remote for my inspire 1 quite a while ago. I used once after setting it up as a slave and it worked perfectly.
It has since sat in my case and not been used at all. I have upgraded each time a new upgrade came out, and tried the remote a few days ago. Turns out that it won't connect at all. It keeps saying "disconnected".
I have been in touch with DJI, but their service sucks. Their emails are totally redundant, they don't seem to understand English as they are giving me solutions that have nothing to do with my problem, and that don't work.
One person at DJI told me to reset the remote and gave me one method - rc off, hold c1, c2, video button and push camera wheel, and then cycle on. Another person at DJI told me to turn on RC and then hold down c1, c2 and shutter button, then cycle rc off and on.
Needless to say, nothing worked, and now they're telling me to send the remote in for repairs? What on earth?
It was used once, and now doesn't work? Any other ideas that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce
I'm not sure this is the same issue but I had trouble setting up my second control as the slave. The problem was with the device which is a Samsung. I went into Settings, System, Developer Options, and enabled USB debugging. If you are using a different device from your original successful set-up, the above might solve your problem. Very best of luck anyhow, I know how frustrating this can be.

Hi all, thanks for all your answers. I've tried everything, to no avail. I'm adding a video that might explain the issue better.
And now with a link that actually works :)o_O
Dropbox - 20160717_164132.mp4

Last edited:
It's likely the USB output has failed, you can replace the USB/ HDMI board for the one available for the Phantom 3 &4.

Sadly it does seem to be a completely random thing that happens and some people have had it more than once.

Thanks for your reply. Where do I buy a usb/hdmi board and how easy is it to install?

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela