Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reasonable asking for price for unused Inspire one?

So far your title is going to loose people because you say "usused" but then your description states less than one hour use. So which is it??? You also need to consider which version is it. (A, B, C, or D). I would base my price on what Ebay has theirs that are similar to yours. You also need to consider, are you paying for shipping or is the buyer. Your link for the case pops up with an overseas website, so are you limiting your sale to your area or worldwide. Regardless, you are not going to make any money or break even. Good Luck on your sale.

Reactions: B-Scene Films
So far your title is going to loose people because you say "usused" but then your description states less than one hour use. So which is it??? You also need to consider which version is it. (A, B, C, or D). I would base my price on what Ebay has theirs that are similar to yours. You also need to consider, are you paying for shipping or is the buyer. Your link for the case pops up with an overseas website, so are you limiting your sale to your area or worldwide. Regardless, you are not going to make any money or break even. Good Luck on your sale.

Hi and thanks for your reply,

I am assuming it is version D, as it was bought only a month ago, and it seems to have all the upgrades, like quick release props. To me less than one hour of use is the same as unused, just a test flight, making sure everything was working. But I can understand how this will be confusing, will make sure to clarify this in the actual ad.

I am not expecting to get close to breaking even... :-(

Best regards,
Markus

I bought basically the exact same setup, minus the HPRC case, from B&H for $1999 shipped with their usual guarantee and warranty.

here is the problem. it's used. unless your giving the person who buys your inspire the purchasing info showing it was bought brand new so they can use the warranty it's going to take a big drop in value. you got a hard case.. that helps.

if you can prove the warranty is still good to who ever buys it then you might almost break even. if not for that setup i'll probably pay 1500. for not much more i could just buy the rig new and 100% certainty im covered by dji. knowing if it breaks im flipping the bill. keeping in mind there is no way for people to fix software glitches within the aircraft so it would have to go back to dji no matter what.

Hi and thanks for your reply,

I am assuming it is version D, as it was bought only a month ago, and it seems to have all the upgrades, like quick release props. To me less than one hour of use is the same as unused, just a test flight, making sure everything was working. But I can understand how this will be confusing, will make sure to clarify this in the actual ad.

I am not expecting to get close to breaking even... :-(

Best regards,
Markus

You can find the Version on the box it shipped in. It's right next to the Serial Numbers label. Can't miss it.

here is the problem. it's used. unless your giving the person who buys your inspire the purchasing info showing it was bought brand new so they can use the warranty it's going to take a big drop in value. you got a hard case.. that helps.

Of course I have proof of purchase. But regardless this product comes with a serial number, when contacting DJI they should know if it is under warranty or not.

Of course I have proof of purchase. But regardless this product comes with a serial number, when contacting DJI they should know if it is under warranty or not.
I know for a fact that the warranty for the P3 is transferrable to a second owner since I have asked the 24hr support. You just need to make sure to have the original box it shipped in! Do you still have the original box and case???
As far as the Inspire, I'm not sure. I would suggest that you ask DJI on the live chat. If they say yes do as I did and take a screen capture of it so you have proof.
Having said that most know that the DJI warranty isn't a deal breaker IMHO. Having the support and warranty of a reputable seller is way better.

Unfortunately it has to take a hit or someone would just buy a new one and have no worries. Good luck with sale either way.

id start 2 or 300 under price of new if i was you and see what happens, if it doesnt sell you can always lower the price.

if you can prove the warranty is still good to who ever buys it then you might almost break even. if not for that setup i'll probably pay 1500. for not much more i could just buy the rig new and 100% certainty im covered by dji. knowing if it breaks im flipping the bill. keeping in mind there is no way for people to fix software glitches within the aircraft so it would have to go back to dji no matter what.

Where on God's green earth are you getting a new one for "not much more" than $1500?!?!? Please PM that location so I can buy all of them and become a millionaire selling them each for a $1000 profit!!!

Where on God's green earth are you getting a new one for "not much more" than $1500?!?!? Please PM that location so I can buy all of them and become a millionaire selling them each for a $1000 profit!!!
indeed, the cheapest ive seen anywhere is around 2900 for single remote. maybe his idea of not much more is double, ha

A few have purchased used I1 packages from B&H...many have reported the aircraft were at least an 8+ cosmetically (some even reported that theirs was brand new with shrink wrap still on the RC). These AC are backed by a 30 day return / 90 warranty from B&H. The major issue is that you may have to wait till stock is back in supply, but considering the other options out there this is how I'd source a replacement.

Did you sell this? If not what are you asking for it? Also would you consider a trade for a Phantom 3 Professional?

No I did not sell. Simply because the market is too soft, decided it was better to hang on to it. Funny thing is, just a few days after deciding not to sell I got a call from an old friend who is an archaeologist, asking if I could come for a week to help out on a project. So now I am going to Italy, not getting paid much, but was promised travelling, accommodation and all the wine I could drink ;-)

Reactions: AmosMoses and Mazz
but was promised travelling, accommodation and all the wine I could drink ;-)
Nice!

As for the soft market, it's only going to bottom out as soon as the Inspire 2 or whatever replaces the I1. Just like with the Phantom series. P2+ owners get slammed when the P3 was announced.
Keep it, enjoy it just don't use it after a bottle of wine! Then you'll lose it! Lol!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lindflake
Nice!

As for the soft market, it's only going to bottom out as soon as the Inspire 2 or whatever replaces the I1. Just like with the Phantom series. P2+ owners get slammed when the P3 was announced.
Keep it, enjoy it just don't use it after a bottle of wine! Then you'll lose it! Lol!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yup, my two month old $1500 p2v+ became instantly worthless when the p3 came out, lol! Sell now or keep forever.

Reactions: AmosMoses
Sadness.... sadness.... I just sold my Inspire, advertised it for 1.999 pounds on ebay, sold after three days... Happy with the sales price, but now I have to go back to my Phantom 2...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth