Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

recent filming

Reaction score
hi,

we have just put together a showreel of some of the locations we have been filming at recently.

Its mainly filmed on an inspire pro but a little bit with an S900 fitted with a GH4 for good measure.

enjoy.

I look forward to your comments.

In my opinion the content is great and the music works for me as well however; there are a ton of shots where the horizon isn't level and that shortcoming happens fast, like within the first minute. There are also a lot of places where your horizon's don't match up because of the way you cut the footage and jumped the timeline. In my opinion it wouldn't be so noticeable if the clips weren't adjoining. The same can be said for the lighting in adjoining clips in the same location. I'm fairly new to video but not photography so these are just the things that immediately jump out at me.

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
How long did it take to get permissions in place for flying within National Trust property at Corfe?
All NT estates are protected by the Crown and have a blanket restriction of not only taking off and landing under the usual ANO CAP722 166./6 restrictions but also have protection against powered Radio Controlled aircraft flying above their property.
I have mentioned this elsewhere on this forum and usually catches people by surprise.
Additionally an OSC and additional PL insurance is required and the process is long winded to get specific permissions in place.
Not trying to be a killjoy but people should be aware of this (certified and non certified UAV operators alike)

Thanks for the comments, regarding the filming of Corfe castle,
The aircraft was operated within cap 722 as well as 166 @ 167.

I had the permission of the local farmer to use his field and had two spotters placed at each end of the road for the one shot of getting close to the road whilst maintaining 50 meters distance from the boundary of the Corfe castle national trust site.

In my opinion the content is great and the music works for me as well however; there are a ton of shots where the horizon isn't level and that shortcoming happens fast, like within the first minute. There are also a lot of places where your horizon's don't match up because of the way you cut the footage and jumped the timeline. In my opinion it wouldn't be so noticeable if the clips weren't adjoining. The same can be said for the lighting in adjoining clips in the same location. I'm fairly new to video but not photography so these are just the things that immediately jump out at me.
I would agree with DodgeP about the horizon on shots. Just guessing but, are those all shot with the Inspire 1?

Yep, 99 % of it was filmed with the inspire pro.

I agre as well the horizon is a little out on some of the shots.

My more recent work with the inspire seems to be fine, I must of forgot to complete a gimbal calibration after an update is my guess to the probable cause.

I was so Ingrossed with the editing I didn't notice the horizon at all, thank you for pointing it out to me.

How long did it take to get permissions in place for flying within National Trust property at Corfe?
All NT estates are protected by the Crown and have a blanket restriction of not only taking off and landing under the usual ANO CAP722 166./6 restrictions but also have protection against powered Radio Controlled aircraft flying above their property.
I have mentioned this elsewhere on this forum and usually catches people by surprise.
Additionally an OSC and additional PL insurance is required and the process is long winded to get specific permissions in place.
Not trying to be a killjoy but people should be aware of this (certified and non certified UAV operators alike)
I am flying doing mapping on NT property about once a week officially under the regional office. Just the usual PFAW compliance conditions. No specific OSC needed. Maybe it's different for me due to the long term working connection with Trust. Recreational flying is definitely out on NT property however.

Would love to see the footage but the link says video does not exist. I live in Australia, but was brought up in Dorset. Rolled down the hill of Corfe many times as a kid. My brother is a great stills photographer and Corfe Castle is a favourite subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips