Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Recording CINESSD card 240GB in ProRes

Reaction score
Hi all,I am experimenting to record in 23.98p at 3840x2160 in 422HQ and with a 240GB SSD card. I am using is a Note 7.

When I record everything in a block it always divides the clips in four five minutes clips when I review them in the app and in several 55 seconds in the SSD card. Any chances the clips could be longer?.

It looks with the setting I have that could be recording in the SSD card for an hour but according to this: Buy Inspire 2 - CINESSD (240G) I should only have to have 16minutes of recording when using a 240GB SSD card at 3840x2160 and at 23.976fps.....

Am I doing something wrong with the settings?

Hello @Angel. If you take a look at the chart you provided a link to you will notice you get 16 minutes when recording in ProRes 4444XQ. This file size is much greater than 422HQ. ProRes 4444XQ is very close to the same quality as recording in RAW. The chart indicates 422HQ will get you about 36 minutes on the 240GB and comes with this disclaimer "calculated by average bit rate, actual recording time may vary".

Scenes that have more or less color and detail will use more and less data to record the scene - this is what may vary the recording bit rate and give you more or less recording time.

Here is a link to the different versions of ProRes and the description / explanation of each type:
Final Cut Pro 7 Professional Formats and Workflows

Hope that helps a little...

Michael

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu