Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Recording video on the SSD's

Reaction score
A general question, with both the micro SDXC card and SSD device installed in the I2, will recording to the SDXC card occur first or does it depend on camera settings?

They should theoretically run simultaneously. But, and I Can't confirm this for you as I've no ssd yet to check with, I've seen one I2 user saying they couldn't use the sd card footage as a proxy for the Footage from the ssd card during editing as they didn't start together/sync.

Guess the only way to double check is to take some footage using a slate with a time code readout visible and see if they're the same.

True. But why would the system record on both medias simultaneously? Seems like a waist of storage media. Why not be able to select which storage device you want to record to?

True. But why would the system record on both medias simultaneously? Seems like a waist of storage media. Why not be able to select which storage device you want to record to?
Redundancy is valuable even if the quality is decreased. The main appeal for me would be proxy editing without transcoding. That can save time depending on your workflow and machine specs

Jmk got it in one, its about being able to record multiple res simultaneously. The ProRes and raw CinemaDNG files are big and take some processing.

By recording multi streams an editor can get working with a lower res version straight away without having to wait to ingest and generate proxies from the raw footage.

By all accounts it'll take something like 2hrs to ingest a full 480gb ssd onto local storage, then time for the NLE to ingest, chew the fat and then spit out a proxy. The DoP isn't going to wait around that long to see if you're in focus and everyone hit their marks! :D

The ssd also allows the camera operator to grab some hires stills shots without interrupting the recording - you can do that with the ssd too, but it seems to be limited to your video frame size rather than full size still resolution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thefollower