Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Recording video raw on inspire?

Reaction score
an ever so small question. read that inspire1 can shoot raw photo! can inspire shoot video in raw?

an ever so small question. read that inspire1 can shoot raw photo! can inspire shoot video in raw?
Not a chance ! The resultant files from shooting 4k raw would be huge and beyond the capabilities of anything the Inspire could hang from it's undercarriage.
You would also need to run the raw footage through a piece of software to interpret it (4:4:4 or 4:2:2 subsampled) and then set the colour temperature in post. This would be before you even get to the stage of being able to dump your footage into the NLE of your choice (Avid, Final Cut, Premiere, Edius etc).

Would be nice but afraid not possible or practical with current technolgy/lifting power of the Inspire.

Reactions: ctp
[Quote = "Bjørn Thore, post: 866, Medlem: 321"]? Hva lurte du på sa du [/ quote]
Hva Syns du om denne? align drona

[Quote = "Bjørn Thore, post: 869, medlem: 321"] Den SÅ Ikke dum ut .. vet du spec på den [/ quote]
Løfter et dslr kamera. motorer 370kv kraftigere motorer på denne en hva dji har på noen av sine modeller. koster 10.995 hos elfun. mer futt i . kan velge hvor stort batteri en vil ha osv.

ikke dumt hva er rekkevidden på senderen? evt må da ha videolink, gimbal og kamera osv ved siden av? da spørs det hvaa prisen blir?

Vi snakker fort 25-30 tusen med dronen, gimbal, radio og videolink, så kommer batteriene i tillegg...Spørs om det er like interssant da??

Vi snakker fort 25-30 tusen med dronen, gimbal, radio og videolink, så kommer batteriene i tillegg...Spørs om det er like interssant da??
Align fpv er på 2000mw koster 1650,nok. gimbal 8000,nok. så må en ha kamera. den er jo enkel da, kan gå i stup og, raskt opp og ned. Kommer vanlige kamera gimballer og som for eks passer til rx100 og andre kameraer. så det blir bra, har tru på denne. har du bestilt inspire?

Ja det er sant så burde man kjøpe en futuba radio.. fort 5000 der... Jeg har faktisk hat alle phantom modellene fra den første til den siste, så nå har jeg solgt unna alt sammen å bestil inspire... Har hatt andre multikopter også, men har trua på Inspire...hva med deg selv?

[Quote = "Bjørn Thore, post: 879, medlem: 321"] ja det er sant SÅ Burde man kjøpe generisk no futuba radio .. fort 5000 der ... JEG Har faktisk hatt alle fantom modellene FRA Den første til Den siste, SA Nå Har JEG solgt Unna alt Sammen Å Reserver inspirere ... Har Hatt Andre multikopter også, menn Har trua på Inspire ... Hva Med Deg Selv? [/ quote]

Hva tror du jeg kan få for min phantom 2 vision + med 2 batterier + quickrelease. slide for zenmuse og slide for orginalkameraet. aldri kræsjet, + ny fjernkontroll av den oppgraderte typen?

Jo jeg har bestilt inspire1 direkte fra dji den 13 nov. den virker bra den, bedre videoer, tror den er mye likt som gopro 3/4 i video kvalitet. En ser ikke kvaliteten på videoen før viser det på for eks 65tommer tv i 4k. ser bra ut på mac med retina. det er jo bitraten som er avhengig av bilde kvalitet. jo større bitrate bedre bilder.!! Hvem bestilte du av?

Last edited:
Jeg solgte min phantom vision + med to batteri, reisekasse, ryggsekk og den nye oppgraderte radioen for 9500. Jeg tipper du vil ligge rundt der kankjse 500 mer..?

Jeg bestilte min fra Elefun. har stort sett handlet av de og er fornøyd med servicen. Jeg har jo også skaffet med en 4K tv... så det blir moro.. har du lagt ut noen vidoer på youtube?

I don't mean to be rude, but other people do have to use and understand messages on this forum. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for English on public threads. Otherwise, there's a Private Message ("Conversation") section in profiles.

Reactions: ppdrone and Wiski23
[Quote = "Tahoe Ed, post: 956, medlem: 4028"] Raw 4K video;

x http://dji.serveftp.org/VIDEO/Inspire4Ksample.zip
http://dji.serveftp.org/VIDEO/Inspire4Ksample_opposite_angle.zip [/ quote]

Dear Tahoe Ed. Is it just your inspire1 that can record in RAW. As I understand can not inspire take video in RAW format. Knowest thou not that these files as you enter here and there, convert the to pro res format? One does not get better picture quality by increasing existing bitrate. NB Anyone can take a video file to convert the it pro res 422. A only increases file size for editing. Original recording of this clip you send the link to better one this steroidal file you provide here.

I convert the file links to apple pro res 444HQ gets the file at 1.32GB. Original file is probably not greater than 44MB. Convert the a file from the camera that recorded in mov or mp4 and has a file size of 44MB. Konveterer it to apple pro res 422 gets the file on 0ver 500 mb and a very high bitrate. you understand it now?

Last edited:
Tahoe Ed, what's the verdict? Can Inspire record RAW? Specs say it won't.
Thanks.

Tahoe Ed, what's the verdict? Can Inspire record RAW? Specs say it won't.
Thanks.
I'm not Tahoe Ed, but I can confidently tell you, just like the Editor of this forum did above, that there is no way to record 4K RAW on the Inspire with a max bitrate of 60 Mbps. You're talking Red Epic or Dragon territory, which needs something like an S1000 or Skyjib to fly. Even the GH4 doesn't record in RAW. Dream on! You're looking for a Ferrari on a VW budget.

[Quote = "Tahoe Ed, post: 956, medlem: 4028"] Raw 4K video;

x http://dji.serveftp.org/VIDEO/Inspire4Ksample.zip
http://dji.serveftp.org/VIDEO/Inspire4Ksample_opposite_angle.zip [/ quote]

Dear Tahoe Ed. Is it just your inspire1 that can record in RAW. As I understand can not inspire take video in RAW format. Knowest thou not that these files as you enter here and there, convert the to pro res format? One does not get better picture quality by increasing existing bitrate. NB Anyone can take a video file to convert the it pro res 422. A only increases file size for editing. Original recording of this clip you send the link to better one this steroidal file you provide here.

I convert the file links to apple pro res 444HQ gets the file at 1.32GB. Original file is probably not greater than 44MB. Convert the a file from the camera that recorded in mov or mp4 and has a file size of 44MB. Konveterer it to apple pro res 422 gets the file on 0ver 500 mb and a very high bitrate. you understand it now?

airdrone, Ed is not an AP, but a techie who tests and evaluates DJI aerial platforms. Please cut him some slack. What he meant to say by offering those files (and I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth, Ed) is that they are uncompressed. He must have rendered them into a higher size file to be able to post on the dji server.
The concept of RAW is confusing to many of us from the still photography world, who assume that 4K MOV or MPEG4 files, if not downres-ed to a lower resolution like 1080p are the "Raw" files. It's a question of semantics. Video techs like you know better, right? So no, the Inspire does not record RAW 4K video on the microSD card.

Last edited:
airdrone, Ed is not an AP, but a techie who tests and evaluates DJI aerial platforms. Please cut him some slack. What he meant to say by offering those files (and I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth, Ed) is that they are uncompressed. He must have rendered them into a higher size file to be able to post on the dji server.
The concept of RAW is confusing to many of us from the still photography world, who assume that 4K MOV or MPEG4 files, if not downres-ed to a lower resolution like 1080p are the "Raw" files. It's a question of semantics. Video techs like you know better, right? So no, the Inspire does not record RAW 4K video on the microSD card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo