Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Registration Transfer

Reaction score
I need to transfer my registration from hobby to commercial, but the .gov website does not really give guidance.

Seems like the route to go is cancel hobby reg and re-register as commercial.

Anyone do this yet?

I need to transfer my registration from hobby to commercial, but the .gov website does not really give guidance.

Anyone do this yet?
What country are you talking about?

Anyone do this yet?

Apples and oranges. FAA hobbyist registration is on the person, commercial is on the aircraft. Just register the aircraft using the "commercial" link.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Anyone do this yet?
There is no "transfer" As others have explained, the "Hobby" registration is for the person.
You will nedd to get the N registration form from your local FSDO office and gather all of the required documentation. This will include Bill of sale/Purchase Receipt, and an affidavit per listed requirements, $5 check and mail it in. Read the online guidance and make sure you have all of the required items!

There is no "transfer" As others have explained, the "Hobby" registration is for the person.
You will nedd to get the N registration form from your local FSDO office and gather all of the required documentation. This will include Bill of sale/Purchase Receipt, and an affidavit per listed requirements, $5 check and mail it in. Read the online guidance and make sure you have all of the required items!

Jay,

While that is one way to register a non-hobby drone, it is much easier to go here:

sUAS Registration

Create an account if you don't already have one (since the OP has a hobbyist registration, I am assuming he has one). Login, and then you will see two big self-explanatory buttons. One for hobbyist, one for non-hobbyist.

Proceed with vigor.

That is the old system, the new system is online as posted by loudonmacready

I have two N number registrations. It is my understanding that the online system doesn't issue N #s but a random registration that is not recognizable by Leo's as legitimate.
Correct, you don't get an N # from the online system, however you do get a printable certificate with the information on it citing it's registered for commercial use. It's legitimate to the FAA. If another LEO has an issue with it, then their lack of education on the matter is the issue.

I have two N number registrations. It is my understanding that the online system doesn't issue N #s but a random registration that is not recognizable by Leo's as legitimate.

What Joola said. This is all quite clear on the FAA website and is explained to LEAs via the FAA "LEAP" program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP