Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote actuated cargo hook?

Reaction score
We operate 4 Matrice 100's in our commercial drone flight service business. We now need to attach a hook to the bottom of the Matrice that can carry a light load and release it in flight. The only such mechanism I've found seems to have gone out of business: A new player in the civilian-drone market, GLLD presents its miniature cargo hook. - sUAS News

But I keep thinking someone must make something similar. I'd like to rig it up so the release can be actuated by the C1 or C2 buttons on the back of the Matrice transmitter. Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

We operate 4 Matrice 100's in our commercial drone flight service business. We now need to attach a hook to the bottom of the Matrice that can carry a light load and release it in flight. The only such mechanism I've found seems to have gone out of business: A new player in the civilian-drone market, GLLD presents its miniature cargo hook. - sUAS News

But I keep thinking someone must make something similar. I'd like to rig it up so the release can be actuated by the C1 or C2 buttons on the back of the Matrice transmitter. Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.
A magnetic repulsion unit? :eek:
Potential there to play havoc with a UAV's magnetometer (compass).
If that is some kind of electromagnet I would not put that within 100 miles of my Inspires - that could cause wildly fluctuating flux values!
Although the Matrice has stem mounted compass I would still be very cautious.

Wow old post but figured I'd chime in. I've actually built something similar to this. I integrated an RPI with the M100 via the UART port and used the API to 'listen' for the button pushes. The RPI drives a stepper motor (for a different purpose than yours) but could drive a servo or something to actuate a release system.

Reactions: paulsn
Wow old post but figured I'd chime in. I've actually built something similar to this. I integrated an RPI with the M100 via the UART port and used the API to 'listen' for the button pushes. The RPI drives a stepper motor (for a different purpose than yours) but could drive a servo or something to actuate a release system.
hey!, would you be willing to share the code with that?, I am actually trying to use an arduino for that, but I could use a RPI instead.
Thanks!.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan