Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote Controller with 1.9.2

Reaction score
HI,
I purchased a never flown Inspire 1 Pro X5 with a GL658C controller. In the Go app the RC has version 1.9.2 and is trying to connect to a phantom 3 at start. Im new to this and this doesn't seem right. I can't get the aircraft out of travel mode. The blue light is steady on aircraft.

The remote has a light blue light on.

Need help with updating to the correct FW for an Inspire.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi there, Ok to start we need to understand where the craft is at,

The first thing I would suggest I manually winding the craft out of travel mode, there is a screw in the base that you can carefully turn that winds the landing gear, do this and manually put it all the way into landing mode then attach the camera and turn the craft on and tell us what the tail LED does.

Don’t do anything on the RC a minute.

Hi Mad_angler1,

Super grateful for your reply.. !!

I did what you suggested, carefully cranked landing gear and attached the x5 camera, turned it on. I got red/green/yellow fast twice and then a steady solid blue on the tail LED.

Camera slightly moved and flashed green but did not do anything after. stayed limp.

Look forward to next step.

THANK YOU!

Ok I will want you to put it back into transport mode at the end but ok I’m thinking your RC is on firmware newer than the craft,

On the RC connect your phone or device to the RC and turn on, on the DJI Go landing page there are 3 lines in the top RH corner, press and hold these for 10 seconds and it should bring up a screen to downgrade the RC, will it let you select a fw earlier than v1.6, Not 1.6 but earlier than so V1.580 ect ?

Ok I'll put it back into transport mode. I saw a video on that to downgrade RC to previous FW.
It just through me off that my RC GL658C wanted to connect to Phantom 3 in GoAPP

I had to remove the Vibration Absorbing Board to get to the screw to lower landing gear. I unscrewed it. wonder if that best vs trying to pull rubber stops off. in any case Ill unscrew again.

Do the downgrade first as you may not need too, I wanted to check it was not stuck, downgrade the rc then test it.

It says Product: GL300 RC
Select firmware version 1.8.0
download

Gives me option to download

THANK YOU for taking the time to help me. I may need to update the latest firmware or should I just leave it.

THANK YOU AGAIN !!

Ok so you need to either stay as you are or update the craft to at least V1.8 and the RC to V1.6, there was an inscription change in V1.8 craft firmware that means the RC must be on at least V1.6.

V1.8 craft firmware with V1.6 RC firmware is a good place to be tbh as that’s where I had my Inspire 1

Before you do anything else of you now go into Settings and About can you tell us what firmware version the craft is on ?

You can get the older firmware versions here http://www.panorobot.com/dji/inspire_firmwares.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont