Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

replacement dji cendance antenna ?

Reaction score
little accident, i would like to buy some new antennas for the dji cendance remote controller.
dji refuse to sell "special replacement parts".
any chance to mount other antennas ?
anybody who could help me out ?
thanks for help !

little accident, i would like to buy some new antennas for the dji cendance remote controller.
thanks for help !
Nope, and wouldn't recommend experimenting with not DJI branded antennas of any kind. Best bet is to open the repair ticket with DJI, unfortunately ...

Nope, and wouldn't recommend experimenting with not DJI branded antennas of any kind. Best bet is to open the repair ticket with DJI, unfortunately ...
why wouldn`t you use other brands ?
- technical or insurance reasons ?

i have some issues with the patch antenna, cause you have always to point to the direction of the drone.
sometimes you have to turn around to check the area, loosing signal is not an option !

Reactions: Phil DeVore
i have some issues with the patch antenna, cause you have always to point to the direction of the drone.
sometimes you have to turn around to check the area, loosing signal is not an option !

I understand that. However, I suggested this because, you mentioned that you broke or damaged the omnidirectional antennas, so your recourse (until you find replacements) would be to use the patch antenna. Of course, you can always ground the aircraft or use the stock remote until you find replacements.

Reactions: marctronixx
I understand that. However, I suggested this because, you mentioned that you broke or damaged the omnidirectional antennas, so your recourse (until you find replacements) would be to use the patch antenna. Of course, you can always ground the aircraft or use the stock remote until you find replacements.
of course you are right, the patch antenna might be a back up solution.

Have you tried the patch before? You won't loose signal if you briefly turn around. It is actually not as single directional as you might think. The horizontal angle of signal dispersion is around 130 deg and vertical around 60-90 deg. So you have plenty of space safely covered. I never had any issue with patch loosing signal because I turned around to check what's happening behind me.
BTW the omni are also not as omnidirectional as the name suggests. If the sticks are pointing directly at the drone the signal is actually very weak directly above the tips of the sticks. If you have the drone overhead the sticks need to be parallel with the ground for the best reception.

Last edited:
Have you tried the patch before? You won't loose signal if you briefly turn around. It is actually not as single directional as you might think. The horizontal angle of signal dispersion is around 130 deg and vertical around 60-90 deg. So you have plenty of space safely covered. I never had any issue with patch loosing signal because I turned around to check what's happening behind me.
BTW the omni are also not as omnidirectional as the name suggests. If the sticks are pointing directly to the drone the signal is actually very weak directly above the tips of the sticks. If you have the drone overhead the sticks need to be parallel with the ground for the best reception.
ok, thans for advice !
will check that ;)

why wouldn`t you use other brands ?
- technical or insurance reasons ?
Both. Beside that, I've never heard about any successful antenna mods for Cendence RC. Once you decide to experiment with such, you're basically on your own with expensive set of equipment, warranty or insurance wise. However, DJI Patch Antenna may be a temporary solution at ranges within true VLOS, as Mmmmarian said. Actually even better solution if you're willing to pay more attention to antenna aiming.

Last edited:
I use the Titan Switch Antenna system with my Cendence remote control and don’t have any problems whatsoever.
It’s a 2.4ghz amplified system that has either a directional panel or the omni directional whip antennas.

I have an original set of Cendence antennas, make me an offer.

thanks for help !

Reactions: Omani_drone_op
I use the patch exclusively and i usually mount the cendence remote to a tripod so i dont have to hold it. I know in some cases a tripod may not work, but in all cases for me thus far it has.

I personally am using a moded inspire remote and as soon I've installed the antenna connectors I've tried with every single antenna that I had under hand in my stuff. I've tried with patch, cloverleaf and a few omnis, the best result for stable video signal came from 2.4/5.8 wifi router omni directional antenna.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop