Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reports of updated sharpness settings

Reaction score
I'm hearing reports that the new FW has lessened the increments betwen sharpness settings on the camera (let's face it, it was ridiculous previously with -1 being unusable).

I have seen reports that -1 or even -2 is acceptable now with a much less bump between setting.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have not personally had a chance to try this out (but hopefully will over the weekend) as I have been more concerned with taking the Inspire through it's paces flight wise to try and break the firmware! :D

37 views but nobody has tried the sharpness settings yet?
Guess, everybody is just having a blast with the new FW and staring at thier screen in wonderment of no GPS drop! :p

YES - They have :D
Huge improvement.
-2 is actually now useable! And then add sharpening to flavour in your NLE
I have only really very quickly (not even flying just placing Inspire on my garden deck) played around so I need to do some real world testing but..... I can already see it is way way better.
Would have been nice if DJI had actually documented these changes :rolleyes:
More testing to follow...................

YES - They have :D
Huge improvement.
-2 is actually now useable! And then add sharpening to flavour in your NLE
I have only really very quickly (not even flying just placing Inspire on my garden deck) played around so I need to do some real world testing but..... I can already see it is way way better.
Would have been nice if DJI had actually documented these changes :rolleyes:
More testing to follow...................
Wicked... Can't wait to test this out

Yes it is defenitly better,Steps are not as big as before.Tried all settings and changes are there.Now I have to find a new favorite setting.Finally less work with Photoshop.

I am convinced that the Sharpness settings have also been dealt with in the FW Update. That in itself is a good move, as the increments were far to large before. The SOFT or -1 Setting until now was already visibly soft, -2 and -3 not really usable. Now the increments seem to be much smaller and not so noticabel on tablet or phone. Even -3 is not as soft as -1 was before - at least that is my impression. It would have been nice to have this documented. Please Tahoe-Ed can you comment on this?
I have spent today shooting tests out in the field, and named each file according to it's settings.
In general Sharpness 0 still seems to be generating lots of aliases. I found -2 or even -3 acceptable.

The files will be here once the uploading has finished: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/90nit ... 3Q2sZz9m1C1cpa?dl=0

To really see what's going on you probably have to download the files of interest.
Feel free to use them as reference for the effects of different settings.

Reactions: gruvpix
I am convinced that the Sharpness settings have also been dealt with in the FW Update. That in itself is a good move, as the increments were far to large before. The SOFT or -1 Setting until now was already visibly soft, -2 and -3 not really usable. Now the increments seem to be much smaller and not so noticabel on tablet or phone. Even -3 is not as soft as -1 was before - at least that is my impression. It would have been nice to have this documented. Please Tahoe-Ed can you comment on this?
I have spent today shooting tests out in the field, and named each file according to it's settings.
In general Sharpness 0 still seems to be generating lots of aliases. I found -2 or even -3 acceptable.

The files will be here once the uploading has finished: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/90nit ... 3Q2sZz9m1C1cpa?dl=0

To really see what's going on you probably have to download the files of interest.
Thanks aknauer! I'd love to know if the sharpness has been worked on cause that's one of the real disappointments of the camera for me.

Having looked at your files I agree with you. Previously, at -1 sharpness, my footage looked out of focus, not just soft. I'll test myself and report back.

I was told that they had a fix for the sharpness issue but we have not seen any documentation on it. Sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo