Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Researching Tethered and Confined Space Solutions

Reaction score
I've been researching the UAV space for the past several months for solutions around real payload built on an aviation background. I have several years in operations with heavy lift helicopters. Seems a little too early for UAV with Payload as either the manufacturers don't have a sense of TBO times for their aircraft, which equates to absorbent pricing - comparable to a helicopter or the regulations haven't been progressive in this space. In the interim I've been narrowing in on Tether and Confined Space.

I've been researching the UAV space for the past several months for solutions around real payload built on an aviation background. I have several years in operations with heavy lift helicopters. Seems a little too early for UAV with Payload as either the manufacturers don't have a sense of TBO times for their aircraft, which equates to absorbent pricing - comparable to a helicopter or the regulations haven't been progressive in this space. In the interim I've been narrowing in on Tether and Confined Space.
What level of payload are you talking about? 'Real' is a little subjective

Thanks for the link - very impressive! I just spent the past couple days at Drones for the CDN Energy Market conference - so much happening in this space. BVLOS seems to be the hot topic as regulators struggle with implementation, which will be a key moving into this type of payload.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44