Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reset Inspire 1 RC

Reaction score
I was trying to downgrade my RC to firmware version 1.6. Yes I know the procedure to do that. But listening to some (apparently bad) advice I tried to reset my RC with the following procedure:
Steps:
Try to reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
However it didn't work, and I was holding the C1+C2+ shutter (right) buttons through the whole procedure. Now the RC just beeps when it's turned on. Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this?
Chris

I was trying to downgrade my RC to firmware version 1.6. Yes I know the procedure to do that. But listening to some (apparently bad) advice I tried to reset my RC with the following procedure:
Steps:
Try to reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
However it didn't work, and I was holding the C1+C2+ shutter (right) buttons through the whole procedure. Now the RC just beeps when it's turned on. Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this?
Chris

It's my understanding that you're supposed to press FOUR buttons at once. C1 + C2 + Camera Settings Dial + Shutter.

1577980544368.png

It is also my understanding that you do NOT have to hit the power button, as pressing these FOUR buttons at once should power on the remote. It may take you several attempts to get it right, as I believe all four have to be pressed simultaneously, not sequentially. I did this once before a couple years ago...so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe this is the correct way to reset the Inspire 1 remote.

D

Reactions: Jim Weist
I left my RC of for a day, turned it back on tonight, no beeping! So I fired up my Inspire 1 and it linked, green light. I then downgraded the RC to V1.6 (this was recommended to me as the best version to use with the Inspire 1 firmware 1.08). Seemed to work OK, I rebooted the inspire and the RC, had to relink the RC to the Inspire, but it works OK. the hard reset procedure seems not to be documented very well, and you are fooling with a low level programming function that is _supposed_ to work, providing you follow the (unpubl;ished) instructions exactly, if not, well you could brick the RC.

I left my RC of for a day, turned it back on tonight, no beeping! So I fired up my Inspire 1 and it linked, green light. I then downgraded the RC to V1.6 (this was recommended to me as the best version to use with the Inspire 1 firmware 1.08). Seemed to work OK, I rebooted the inspire and the RC, had to relink the RC to the Inspire, but it works OK. the hard reset procedure seems not to be documented very well, and you are fooling with a low level programming function that is _supposed_ to work, providing you follow the (unpubl;ished) instructions exactly, if not, well you could brick the RC.

Which FW version did you have before? v1.08.xx is the BEST. You will get the best video reception with this FW. You will be hassled to "update firmware" every time you power up the bird. Ignore this warning.

The best Go App version is 3.1.1. Roll back to that, install the 32 channel hack, and you will be in Inspire bliss for the remainder of the bird's life.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207