Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RF-V16 Holder

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
This afternoon I received my redundant GPS tracker (RF-V16) and it was a bit of a learning curve, actually pain, to get it to work but with the help from so online post I finally figured it out.

Anyway, once finally got it to work I decided to tackle my next project. I've seen folks mount their RF on the back of the I1 via velcro and I would have gone that route but I really need to keep that space available for possible other equipment I needed to kind a more robust and secured spot...

...and this is what I came up with.

Granted she ain't purty but after working on it I got the angles I was looking for and it will work.

So now after searching for an appropriate location I decided to mount it next to the sonar sensors and I tell you what it fits there perfectly without any disruption at all.

Here is some background.

Last edited:
This afternoon I received my redundant GPS tracker (RF-V16) and it was a bit of a learning curve, actually pain, to get it to work but with the help from so online post I finally figured it out.

Anyway, once finally got it to work I decided to tackle my next project. I've seen folks mount their RF on the back of the I1 via velcro and I would have gone that route but I really need to keep that space available for possible other equipment I needed to kind a more robust and secured spot...

...and this is what I came up with.

Granted she ain't purty but after working on it I got the angles I was looking for and it will work.

So now after searching for an appropriate location I decided to mount it next to the sonar sensors and I tell you what it fits there perfectly without any disruption at all.

Here is some background.

Hey Outta Control. .
check out the 3d printed accessories thread and take a look at the blade mount for the rf-v16 tracker. .
it mounts on the lower arm..
perhaps this might be a good addition to your inspire1. .
happy flying. ...
turbo. .

What do you think of the rf-v16? Any tips?
Mine arrives today hopefully.

Turbo: thanks for the lead.

Karl:
1. make sure activate and get the phone# first
2. Once installed and powered use 123456,sos1,<phone#>
3. Make sure you don't use capital letters in any commands to the RF and type in lag,2# for engurish ;)
4. Finally dw# to get tracking info.

Karl:
3. Make sure you don't use capital letters in any commands to the RF and type in lag,2# for engurish ;)

Thanks it didn't arrive today but will follow your advise

Karl:

5. dsp# will get you an update on the tracker's battery status, signal strength, and current settings.

You may also want to review how often your GPS updates. I think the default is 10 minutes. I moved my down to 5 minutes, and sometimes I update even more frequently when I'm flying in a new location and fully charged on the tracker. More frequent updates=greater battery usage. It could also be impactful to cell/data usage, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa