Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Right Carbon Fiber Boom Problem

Reaction score
Website
www.urma.ro
First of all, hello to everyone on this forum, as this is my first post.
Hope somebody here has an answer to my problem, as I recently noticed something which looks like a serious threat to the safely of my Inspire.
As we all know, the engines of the Inspire are slightly inclined to exterior, also the landing gear on the right and left side.

Today I noticed that my right carbon fiber boom (I hope this is the correct title, the carbon arm that support the right side engines) has a slight move left and right, being loose.
And that seems to be a serious problem, as it changes the position of the engines, as you can observe in the photos attached.
Today I noticed the right boom is not inclined to exterior and I move it very slowly in the correct position, using as example the position of the left carbon fiber boom, and I had no problem flying.
But this seems a serious problem and I don't want to check the positions of the booms every flight, as we're talking of only few milimeters of difference.
Also I believe the angle of this booms should be calculated precisely, by a computer, not just fixed by hand.
The Left Carbon Fiber Boom doesn't move at all, also the seal of the Right Carbon Fiber Boom presents sings of usage, as the boom is slowly turning left and right.

How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to contact DJI Service ?
Hopefully there is a way to fix this without having to send my bird to DJI Support Europe, as it will keep me off flying for at least 4 weeks.
Otherwise my Inspire flies great, no problem so far, please have a look at the photos and let me know if you have a solution to fix this problem.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Right Carbon Fiber Boom Correct Position.jpg
    Right Carbon Fiber Boom Correct Position.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Right Carbon Fiber Boom Incorrect Position.jpg
    Right Carbon Fiber Boom Incorrect Position.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Left Carbon Fiber Seal.jpg
    Left Carbon Fiber Seal.jpg
    646.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Right Carbon Fiber Seal .JPG
    Right Carbon Fiber Seal .JPG
    634.1 KB · Views: 36
dji service europe is faster than US... i had a check bc of my camera and they said 5 days... contact them and have a talk. they are super suportive and kind. also always pick up the phone (at least in my cases).
hope that helped.
cheers
Martin (phatzo)

Reactions: Mani
dji service europe is faster than US... i had a check bc of my camera and they said 5 days... contact them and have a talk. they are super suportive and kind. also always pick up the phone (at least in my cases).
hope that helped.
cheers
Martin (phatzo)

Thanks Martin, I will called them on Monday, it seems DJI Europe Support is located in Germany and I have family living there, it should help.

Thanks Martin, I will called them on Monday, it seems DJI Europe Support is located in Germany and I have family living there, it should help.

Did you remove the warranty seal on the right side? One of the seals is showing the VOID tamper imprint. You will not get warranty service with the seal looking like that. The VOID means your warranty is void.

Did you remove the warranty seal on the right side? One of the seals is showing the VOID tamper imprint. You will not get warranty service with the seal looking like that. The VOID means your warranty is void.

The warranty seal was never removed, it looks like this because the boom is moving slightly left & right, so it affects also the seal.
It's something that can easily be checked at service I guess, as none of my Inspire warranty seals were ever removed, had no reason to do it.

I'd take it straight back to the dealer and demand a new one.

Guess that would be mission impossible, I have seen online people with more serious problems regarding their brand new Inspire, and they had to send it back to DJI for repair, never heard about a replacement with a new one.

Also, as I said in my first post, my Inspire is great, steady as a rock, never had problems with it, and this looks like a small mechanical problem, a loose joint at the right motor arm.
I will call DJI on Monday to see what's the next step, or maybe someone here on this forum encountered the same problem and has a solution for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido