Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rotation issue

Reaction score
Hello Forum
Has anyone else had this issue with their I2: the bird keeps rotating even after I release the rc stick. It does this on GPS and Sport mode but not on Atti. I'm getting no errors on the tablet and have the latest firmware.

Reactions: SanCap
I have had the same exact issue, this is how I corrected mine. Go into the Gimbal Adjustments > Advanced Setting > Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode. Move the slider to zero and fly it to see if the issue is gone, then fine tune it to your liking.

Reactions: Nelson13 and NickU
I have had the same exact issue, this is how I corrected mine. Go into the Gimbal Adjustments > Advanced Setting > Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode. Move the slider to zero and fly it to see if the issue is gone, then fine tune it to your liking.

Thank you I appreciate your input and your help.

Reactions: SanCap
Sancap's answer should sort your problem. Generally seems to need to be set below 40. going much above that leads to the behaviour you've described.

For some reason mine has changed on its own, maybe a go4 update did it but I have had this problem twice and had to readjust.

When I did my UAS training the trainers recommended that all the aircraft and C2/RC settings were rechecked after updates, especially if it involved any DJI equipment :rolleyes:o_O - I think I've caught it messing up various (seemingly random) settings after two updates recently :( - seems it was wise advice :cool:
Absolutely.
The DJI coding chimps have been known not only to reset settings when a new firmware is released and installed but also alter the algorithms as to how both accelerometer and magnetometer (compass) data is interpreted.
This is why I always and recommend others do an IMU and compass calibration after a new firmware install.
Whilst this step, in theory, should not be necessary DJI have been known previously to change parameters and not document them in their release/change notes.
I prefer to work to a known baseline rather than hope DJI haven't meddled with calibration off sets.

Reactions: NickU

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joseph01