Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rumors on Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Hello all inspire pilots :)

I am interested in taking the leap to upgrade from my phantom 2 to the inspire 1. But im afraid that if I make the upgrade, DJI will release the inspire 2 not so long after.

The main reason why im interested in knowing this is because im hoping for some changes on the inspire. My main wish is to have two cameras, one that is fixed in the nose, and one for the second controller. And yes, I know about the DSLR pack where they fix it for you. But then again, that voids the warrenty.

A part of me want to wait for the release, and another part want to just jump into it and get the inspire 1. But its a lot of money used, just to (maybe?) see the inspire 2 come along not so long after.

I contacted DJI customer service about this, just to hear what they have to say about it. But they didnt give me much information.

So therefor, im asking you guys. Any thoughts about the release of the inspire 2, heard anything? Let me hear it :)

Thanks for all the replies.

I am interested in taking the leap to upgrade from my phantom 2 to the inspire 1. But im afraid that if I make the upgrade, DJI will release the inspire 2 not so long after.

The main reason why im interested in knowing this is because im hoping for some changes on the inspire. My main wish is to have two cameras, one that is fixed in the nose, and one for the second controller. And yes, I know about the DSLR pack where they fix it for you. But then again, that voids the warrenty.

A part of me want to wait for the release, and another part want to just jump into it and get the inspire 1. But its a lot of money used, just to (maybe?) see the inspire 2 come along not so long after.

I contacted DJI customer service about this, just to hear what they have to say about it. But they didnt give me much information.

So therefor, im asking you guys. Any thoughts about the release of the inspire 2, heard anything? Let me hear it :)

I will bet anything the inspire 2 will not be released this year, and probably not next year either. Takes months just to get a new firmware much less a whole new aircraft.

Again this just my opinion and has absolutely no fact or proof to back up :)

Inspire 1+ (or similar) is likely the next thing to come out. I'd bet it will be announced near the end of the year and have a few minor upgrades. I think an upgraded camera is the most likely.

Hopefully with options to upgrade our 1's to the new 1+'s hehe

Buy the inspire now and start enjoying all the amazing features. And yes it would be cool if it had a fpv cam you could switch back and forth to. It hasnt been a problem with me. My Inspire has replace 3 of my other ships..the inspire has perfected everything I have ever looked for in a ship. I have spent big bucks trying to achieve that perfect combination with other ships, between solid video downlink and rock steady video recording. Inspire nailed it!!!

Like most things these days, if you wait in anticipation that something new might come along you would never buy anything. No company can afford to let rumours of a new product out until the previous one has sold out. The Inspire 1 is a great aircraft as it stands and is available now.

The 2 nose FPV camera options I know about would not void any warranty as they both sit in a replacement nose cone and cables route to an attachment at the rear of the battery pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Archer
Like most thinks things these days, if you wait in anticipation that something new might come along you would never buy anything. No company can afford to let rumours of a new product out until the previous one has sold out. The Inspire 1 is a great aircraft as it stands and is available now.

The 2 nose FPV camera options I know about would not void any warranty as they both sit in a replacement nose cone and cables route to an attachment at the rear of the battery pack.

that with the LR antennas are the best mod you can do to make the inspire even more amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 130
that with the LR antennas are the best mod you can do to make the inspire even more amazing.
Which FPV solution is this? I'm working on one that is a micro and it attaches to the top hull of the inspire 1. It would have it's own small 1s battery to keep from having to wire anything to the I1. Simple effective and removable. It's going to basically be a piggy back system. What's your thoughts?

Reactions: Ascender
Which FPV solution is this? I'm working on one that is a micro and it attaches to the top hull of the inspire 1. It would have it's own small 1s battery to keep from having to wire anything to the I1. Simple effective and removable. It's going to basically be a piggy back system. What's your thoughts?

i bought a nose replacement and made a hole in it, i am using the 700tvl fatshark camera and a imrc 5.8 vtx with a 3s 800mah battery, the only think that is actually connected to the I1 is the OSD (its not finished yet but once is done i will release a full DIY howto)

i bought a nose replacement and made a hole in it, i am using the 700tvl fatshark camera and a imrc 5.8 vtx with a 3s 800mah battery, the only think that is actually connected to the I1 is the OSD (its not finished yet but once is done i will release a full DIY howto)
What transmitter are you using with that?

Never mind on that I just read what you are using.

Have been looking at this mod myself, would be awesome if you could make a how to video :)

Like most things these days, if you wait in anticipation that something new might come along you would never buy anything. No company can afford to let rumours of a new product out until the previous one has sold out. The Inspire 1 is a great aircraft as it stands and is available now.

I can see a fpv camera would be useful on a 2 man shoot and if the camera was turned to the side on a dolly shot..close range. As my experience with tons of fpv cams/vtx I could not get much range. the range of the fpv camera would no way match the distance of the light bridge video downlink. Well maybe if you were using a 1.3 mhz vtx for your fpv cam with a hellical antenna on your ground station. If the fpv cam used the light bridge to transmit, well hell yah great idea. Maybe im on the wrong track here and need to be corrected...its happened before.

Hey guys. Do you think if Inspire 2 comes out soon it will have better gimball as well? ...or will it have upgraded body only? What are your thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84