Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

San Diego Inspire/Phantom Pilots?

Reaction score
Website
www.benhecht.com
Howdy All,

Wondering if anyone is flying Inspire or Phantom + in San Diego.
I'd be stoked to meet up with some other flyers down here.

Ben

Last edited:
Hey Ben Im Thomas nice to meet you. I have never been to Morley Field, I just flew at Mission Bay last week but when it dropped out of GPS close the water I stayed over the island. There are some parks here in Mira Mesa I fly at or I will take the ATV up to Miller Canyon and get some awesome video. I look at google maps to find hiking trails etc but have not went to any I listed yet but they are out there.

Reactions: flydogs
@flydogs @Tpoze41
Hey fellas,

I'll be in San Diego for a conference in mid July and plan on bringing my Inspire. I will more than likely have a few days free and a rental car and am wondering some good places to fly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks

I'll be in SD later this week and interested in going out to la jolla pier if anyone else is interested to join

@flydogs @Tpoze41
Hey fellas,

I'll be in San Diego for a conference in mid July and plan on bringing my Inspire. I will more than likely have a few days free and a rental car and am wondering some good places to fly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks

Heard a rumor much of San Diego is now a DJI no-fly zone. Check before you fly.

@damoncooper Thanks. The no fly zone in the app is tiny but at Drones Don't Fly Here, it covers most of San Diego. But I'm more interested in driving inland to some interesting landscapes (that aren't in national forests) anyways. I live in Florida so I don't necessarily need ocean footage. More looking for desert/mountain/hill type stuff.

EDIT: Just realized this thread is in general discussion. Sorry for not asking in Pilot's Lounge. :cool:

Reactions: damoncooper
Hey everyone, I'm from San Diego (living in Maine now) in the North County area. After checking out Drones Don't Fly Here, it looks like some of my old stomping grounds are open to flying. Check out the Poway/Escondido portions of town, which are about 25-30 minutes north-east on highway 15. Happy flying!

Hey everyone, I'm from San Diego (living in Maine now) in the North County area. After checking out Drones Don't Fly Here, it looks like some of my old stomping grounds are open to flying. Check out the Poway/Escondido portions of town, which are about 25-30 minutes north-east on highway 15. Happy flying!
Great thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa