Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

School me on FPV transmitters

Immersion 5.8G 600mW.
I've used lots of transmitters and now I just use these. FatShark also has a camera that has a connector for the Immersion Tx
Ditch the stock antenna and get a Cloverleaf or Mushroom antenna. Google Circular Wireless and IB Crazy (RCGroups)
Inspire is 2.4G so no RF issues.

I assume you need an FPV camera. The analog video Tx is only good for about 600 lines of resolution, so that pretty much caps the video quality (that's why DJI came out with the Lighbridge system).

I used one of the Flir Tau's a few years back (on a fixed wing for the Navy SEALs). Probably not the "2". I believe they have both digital and analog outputs. I used the analog output with a video Tx (same thing, but that one was on 1.2G). Worked fine. Make sure the Tau's analog output is grounded (signal and ground from the output). If you just use the signal wire, it will appear not to work. The Immersion 5.8 should work just fine. Just check to see if the Tau 2 has an analog output.

I used one of the Flir Tau's a few years back (on a fixed wing for the Navy SEALs). Probably not the "2". I believe they have both digital and analog outputs. I used the analog output with a video Tx (same thing, but that one was on 1.2G). Worked fine. Make sure the Tau's analog output is grounded (signal and ground from the output). If you just use the signal wire, it will appear not to work. The Immersion 5.8 should work just fine. Just check to see if the Tau 2 has an analog output.

Yes the TAU 2 has an analog out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop