Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second Controller delivered as a "brick"

Reaction score
A bit disappointing, I took delivery of an Inspire on Saturday and had problems getting the second controller working, after 5 hours and talking to DJI they said it's a brick and needs to be returned !

I've gone back to my dealer here in the UK, and they said I have to send it back to them (at a cost to me) so they can send it back to DJI to have a look at and for them to sent a replacement.

A bit it a pain in the backside, I would have thought I could just send it back to dealer to deal with and they send me the replacement. I've only took delivery on Saturday!

I don't know how it works in the UK but here in Australia, you can return anything and get your money back within the first 7 days of purchase.

That situation is a disgrace, although I am now in Jamaica I used to live in the UK and I am pretty certain that you can recover the cost of any expense involved in correcting the issue.
Point out to them that the item is clearly not fit for purpose and they have a contractual obligation to provide you with the goods you ordered and paid for through them in fully functioning state.

A bit disappointing, I took delivery of an Inspire on Saturday and had problems getting the second controller working, after 5 hours and talking to DJI they said it's a brick and needs to be returned !

I've gone back to my dealer here in the UK, and they said I have to send it back to them (at a cost to me) so they can send it back to DJI to have a look at and for them to sent a replacement.

A bit it a pain in the backside, I would have thought I could just send it back to dealer to deal with and they send me the replacement. I've only took delivery on Saturday!
Point out that you are covered by the 1979 Sales of Goods act (as amended) and what they are suggesting is illegal under that act.
You have statutory rights in the UK and they are in breach of them by saying it must be sent back to DJI. Your contract is with your dealer NOT DJI and they cannot lawfully 'pass the buck'
In addition to your statutory rights you are also covered by the 'Distance selling act' which allows you to return goods purchased online within 7 days of receipt FOR ANY REASON for a full refund.
They are breaking the law on two counts.
I bet I can guess which dealer it is as well !! :rolleyes:
If they refuse post their name on here as a warning to other consumers of their illegal practice.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I sent them an email explaining that I felt I shouldn't have any additional costs and should be able to sent it back and they send me a new one. They can then deal with the DOA directly with DJI and pay my postage costs.

I got an an email back saying I should cover the costs of shipping it back to them and they will cover the costs shipping it back to DJI.

After that I called them and explained that I was not happy - having just spent £3.2k with them!

They said they "see what they can do"

Anyhow I've paid and shipped it back to them, to be fair they sent another one out to me the same day.

The only issue now is the replacement has a broken antenna !

Back it goes........

Who is the dealer? Ship it all back and they have to foot the return bill as it is faulty, not that you don't want it.

Name and shame the dealer as you are well within your rights to return and they pick up the postage costs. :eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:mad:

Its called: Not as described & not fit for purpose...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa