Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second Hand Purchase - Process for transferring ownership

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm a complete newbie, so looking forward to contributing to the community as I get into this!

However! I have just bought a nearly new Inspire second hand. I've downloaded the Pilot App and then it occured to me that the bird will still be registered to the previous owner - a bit of an oh sh*t moment!

Can anyone give any guidance as to how to deal with this so that it can be registered to me?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hi All

I'm a complete newbie, so looking forward to contributing to the community as I get into this!

However! I have just bought a nearly new Inspire second hand. I've downloaded the Pilot App and then it occured to me that the bird will still be registered to the previous owner - a bit of an oh sh*t moment!

Can anyone give any guidance as to how to deal with this so that it can be registered to me?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

You're not going to like the answer but........ It can't! Sorry, but you are stuck with the name of the aircraft for evermore.

Ridiculous oversight on the part of DJI but it is what it is I'm afraid.

Thanks Editor.....so I'm thinking that means that I'll need to get the ID and password from the previous owner then to fly it?
S

Thanks Editor.....so I'm thinking that means that I'll need to get the ID and password from the previous owner then to fly it?
S
No, you can fly no problem without it and as long as you have registered an account with DJI then you should be able to log into the user center on the app and see YOUR flights.

You will not be able to change the name of the aircraft though - ever.

Phew...thats a relief. Not so fussed about name change (although would be nice), more about the ability to fly the thing as it would prove to be an expensive door stop if not!! Thanks again Ed, I'll try the new registration tomorrow as my head is bursting now with all this new stuff to learn! S

I got an email from DJI Support this morning when I asked the same question with my new 2nd hand purchase. they said they could swap it no problem. Will email them the serial number tonight and see what comes back.

I got an email from DJI Support this morning when I asked the same question with my new 2nd hand purchase. they said they could swap it no problem. Will email them the serial number tonight and see what comes back.
Good news.....They have changed that quite recently then. They used to be intransient on the matter !

Glad its being sorted.

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. Ant luck sorting this? Thanks, Steve

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. Ant luck sorting this? Thanks, Steve

Hi, had an email from them asking me to confirm the serial number and the email address the previous owner may of used. Have replied and am now waiting for their response (only been about 24hours)

Hi Richard, in exactly the same boat as you - I sent the serials of the Inspire 1 and ancillaries to DJI, asking if I could be registered as the craft owner and have the name of the 'bird' changed. No response so far.

Oddly, I was able to go to their Product Registration page and it was quite happy to accept the serial numbers. I had expected some sort of block or message as the previous owner had registered all the kit.

Pleas let me know how you got on and if it worked, who was the DJI respondent.

Ewan

Hi Richard, in exactly the same boat as you - I sent the serials of the Inspire 1 and ancillaries to DJI, asking if I could be registered as the craft owner and have the name of the 'bird' changed. No response so far.

Oddly, I was able to go to their Product Registration page and it was quite happy to accept the serial numbers. I had expected some sort of block or message as the previous owner had registered all the kit.

Pleas let me know how you got on and if it worked, who was the DJI respondent.

Ewan

Hi Ewan

Exactly the same for me. Still waiting for a response

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207