Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Seeking Costa Rica Insurance Provider

Does anyone know of a liability insurance provider that offers coverage in Costa Rica? Thank you!
You do not say whether you require commercial or recreational however.....

Liability insurance is not a legal requirement in Costa Rica for recreational purposes.

Unlikely, you will be talking about commercial cover since you would not be qualified in CR unless you have undertaken their commercial training which is a theoretical and practical exam as well as show 10 hours flying experience that satisfies the DGAC.

Yes you are correct on all fronts. Recreational purposes... I have registered my drone via their official Costa Rican website. I still am seeing the need for insurance. My ask for insurance comes from this page.

Getting Drone Permit for Costa Rica
Before you can fly your drones in Costa Rica, they must be registered with DGCA. To register your drone, simply visit their official government website and fill out the permit form. There are no fees involved, which pretty much the only things you need to bring with you when visiting the country:

• A valid proof of remote pilot’s license
  • A valid proof of insurance
  • Drone registration
  • Proof of sale
  • Your contact information and details
These are the only things you need in order to fly either recreational or commercial with your drone in Costa Rica.

Yes you are correct on all fronts. Recreational purposes... I have registered my drone via their official Costa Rican website. I still am seeing the need for insurance. My ask for insurance comes from this page.

Getting Drone Permit for Costa Rica
Before you can fly your drones in Costa Rica, they must be registered with DGCA. To register your drone, simply visit their official government website and fill out the permit form. There are no fees involved, which pretty much the only things you need to bring with you when visiting the country:

• A valid proof of remote pilot’s license
  • A valid proof of insurance
  • Drone registration
  • Proof of sale
  • Your contact information and details
These are the only things you need in order to fly either recreational or commercial with your drone in Costa Rica.
I’m afraid you are mistaken on your comment regarding commercial requirements.
You also need to hold commercial certification which can only be obtained from DGCA which requires a two part exam and logged hours (and a few other requirements like high school qualification and be of minimum age).

However, moot point since you are requiring cover for recreational purposes and you are domiciled in the US you could try....

Reactions: Lance K

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1