Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Self Unlock NFZ using DJI GO app on Inspire 1

Reaction score
Howdy guys, gals. Any advice how to use DJI Self Unlock on Inspire 1 through DJI GO app? Work site within range of airport; need unlock to use at facility. No difficulty with my P4 or Mavic’s at all using DJI GO 4 app. Follow same procedure with Inspire 1; even receive confirmation of unlock. But when at work location aircraft just will not take off; receivie the message about being in NFZ. Using same iPad Mini 5 for each aircraft. Only difference being Inspire needs DJI Go app rather than newer DJI Go 4 app Mavic & P4 use. Working on side project for Corporate office. Project has potential to prompt Corporate initiation of Companywide UAV program - of which I'd be prime candidate to oversee. Fantastic career opportunity and something I've been advocating over 5 years for. Really like to use Inspire's greater cinematic abilities for some shots. Any / all advice or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: RMF808
When you say no problem with the Go4 app, do you mean at the same location?

Do you have the latest version of GO app for inspire? I’ve never had any problem with unlock.

Could there possibly be a TFR in place in that area? If your Phantom enables ain that same location and same time, then TFR won’t be the issue.

::scratching head::

Reactions: RMF808
Just saw this from January in October... Did you ever get it figured out? I have two Inspire 1’s using the go app instead of go4. I got my part 107 last year trying to make work out here in Hawai’i and there is just so much to learn.

Hello, thanks for reply. Yes, all firmware & Geofence up to date. P4 works perfectly on site. Switch birds & controlers then Inspire presents NFZ message, will not take of. I've used same unlocking proceedure on both prior to arriving at location - and I receive success mesage for each as well. I'm very frustrated & confused about it myself.

Using legacy firmware (v1.08.xx) and software (Go v3.1.1), I am able to fly within roughly 1 mile of any airport's center. Anything over a mile from airport center and I'm good. If I try to fly closer than 1 mile, the Inspire hits a virtual brick wall.

Conversely, again using legacy firmware and software, my P4P and Mavic Pro can fly anywhere. However, I can't use any Intelligent Flight Modes within a mile of Class C or D. Anything more than a mile out and I'm good for IFM.

D

Thanks Frank! I believe firmware updated to whatever was latest version; been awhile since DJI supported Inspire 1 with updates. Do you have software package you're using available to send? Or, can you provide link to download? Any help greatly appreciated. Looking to sell one of my two, Inspire 1 kits compleate with mushrooms on bird & FatShark goggles. Keeping 2nd bird modded to carry DSLR and other upgrades, 75-80 mph top end. Luv this drone! Like to have both able to use unlock feature. If not need promote sale item as is, unable to self unlock. Let me know availability of firmware. Thanks, appreciate your time.

Thanks Frank! I believe firmware updated to whatever was latest version; been awhile since DJI supported Inspire 1 with updates. Do you have software package you're using available to send? Or, can you provide link to download? Any help greatly appreciated. Looking to sell one of my two, Inspire 1 kits compleate with mushrooms on bird & FatShark goggles. Keeping 2nd bird modded to carry DSLR and other upgrades, 75-80 mph top end. Luv this drone! Like to have both able to use unlock feature. If not need promote sale item as is, unable to self unlock. Let me know availability of firmware. Thanks, appreciate your time.

Watch the videos and make sure you read the Description section:

At the end there's a link to part 2.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo