Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sellers: Consider UAV depreciation

Reaction score
Sellers, you may want to do your own research, but it appears that the depreciation on UAVs is relatively high. Some here are expecting to recoup the vast majority of their original investment in an Inspire 1 that may be anywhere between six months and one year old.

If you're serious about selling your quad, as painful as it may be, you seriously need to reconsider your asking price. As one person here pointed out in another thread: "At that price point it wouldn't make sense to buy used." The minute the new Inspire 1 V2.0 was released, the value of your "old" bird dropped instantly by a considerable sum.

The longer the quad goes unsold, the more the value drops (and it will continue to drop each passing day), the more your chances of selling it are reduced. Remember: a piece of pie is better than no pie at all.

Just something to think about.

While you knkw i agree with ya inspired, (ive bitten my tongue on quite a few sales) people can also sell stuff for what they want doesn't mean anyone will buy it and frankly that's not our problem.

Oh, I agree. It's not our problem, but I've learned (selling and updating video equipment) it's better to sell at a more realistic price than to hold onto a piece of equipment until it's worth far less before you come to the economic realization that it is what is it and finally sell at an even greater loss.

P.S. "Selling" an item doesn't really happen until someone else has "bought" it. Otherwise, they're just "putting it up for sale."

Reactions: skylabimaging
Oh, I agree. It's not our problem, but I've learned (selling and updating video equipment) it's better to sell at a more realistic price than to hold onto a piece of equipment until it's worth far less before you come to the economic realization that it is what is it and finally sell at an even greater loss.

P.S. "Selling" an item doesn't really happen until someone else has "bought" it. Otherwise, they're just "putting it up for sale."

Yep, agreed. I usually always sell my crap for less just to move it, imo if it's sitting around (for sale) for longer than a week....it's priced wrong. I like to move my stuff in a matter of days...uav's, camera equipment, junk on craigslist...

like you say, better to have a slice of the pie than none at all....I like pie :)

i had to laugh after i read the first sentence. "Sellers, you may want to do your own research, but it appears that the depreciation on UAVs is relatively high."

i like how this guy is just figuring this out for the first time. inspired 1, i got news for ya, this is true for anything you buy. good news for you is the i1 isn't depreciating as fast as some would expect. it's holding it's value pretty good by my standards, a new batt has dropped from 200 to only 180 and new kits are still around 2500 bucks brand new down from 3000... overall i'd say it's de-valued less then 25% over it's first year on the market. compared to a car that drops over 50% in the first 100 feet off the dealer lot it's doing pretty good... for now anyway.

Here in Australia I think you may actually be able to make some sort of profit if you bought an Inspire before the Phantom 3's were announced.
The initial price was $3600 then went up to just under $5000 for the same kit when they adjusted for our shitty dollar as the Phantom 3's came out. The introduction of the Osmo sees the Inspire jump up to $5300 now for the same thing that cost $3600 less than a year ago.
That said there's no way I'm selling my Inspire but it's harder to recommend at that price point to everyone who asks me.

I am going to sell my Inspire 1 with Dual Controller and 4 batteries (2) 4500 (2) 5700 for $3100..I think that is a fair price..Do you?

The basics of supply and demand, must have missed the note worthy concept here... Of course given the replies (mine included) maybe it is note worthy :)

Well, what about my DJI S1000 and DJI S 900. When I purchased them last year only the gimbals for the GH4 and for the BMPCC were over 2500€ each. The drones themselves overhere in Europe could not buy for less than 3 k each then A2s radios transmitters.... FPV, Batteries. Well does anybody want to by one of my big birds for 3500$????

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44