Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sensor cleaning for x7

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully sent their zenmuse x7 off for a deep clean? Looking for recommendations on getting the sensor cleaned, mine got especially dirty recently. Small town, so no local camera shops. Thanks!

Hesitate to grab a can of 'Air' and blow crud all over the inside.

Swabs are made to clean sensors. But, doing that is not for the faint hearted. They come with fluid and swabs. One applies fluid, then carefully go across the sensor. The liquids used are super clean and no residue will remain. The swabs too, will not leave anything behind. They are wedge shaped so can go from the corners of one side to the other. In one swipe.

If mine were dusty, I would send it off or bring it someplace to be cleaned as, there is more dust than just on the sensor.

Last edited:
There is protective glass in front of every sensor.....your never gonna touh the sensor.
Well, good you've mentioned this. There is a common misconception about this and you are 100% correct which brings me to my next point. I am not sure how is the X7 built (I do not own one) but on my X5S a few dust particles got over time actually behind the front glass!! As established later (do not ask me how?‍?) the sensor assembly was not perfectly sealed around the perimeter from the get go which allowed for the dust to creap behind the front glass over time. If the X7 is assembled in a similar fashion you are facing an unfortunate possibilty of not beeing able to clean the 'sensor' by any of the conventional methods. You would either have to live with it or send it in to DJI for 'repair'.

Reactions: niki
Well, good you've mentioned this. There is a common misconception about this and you are 100% correct which brings me to my next point. I am not sure how is the X7 built (I do not own one) but on my X5S a few dust particles got over time actually behind the front glass!! As established later (do not ask me how?‍?) the sensor assembly was not perfectly sealed around the perimeter from the get go which allowed for the dust to creap behind the front glass over time. If the X7 is assembled in a similar fashion you are facing an unfortunate possibilty of not beeing able to clean the 'sensor' by any of the conventional methods. You would either have to live with it or send it in to DJI for 'repair'.
Absolutely, my x5r have the same issue. I've tried to disassemble but the screws are glued in a way I coldn't unscrew them by any means. Only DJI service should be able to fix that. I still have not sent mine so I can't tell more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla