Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Setting up your DJI Drone Camera in Aperture Priority Mode

A useful article, presumably aimed at drone photography, not videography?

Perhaps it would be good to point out that videography often requires a different approach, centred more around maintaining a 180 degree rolling shutter rather than keeping the aperture between ideal limits?

A useful article, presumably aimed at drone photography, not videography?

Perhaps it would be good to point out that videography often requires a different approach, centred more around maintaining a 180 degree rolling shutter rather than keeping the aperture between ideal limits?
Thanks for your feedback and ideas. Yes, you are correct, this article was focused on basic photography. I will be doing videography setup next.

When I am setting up for a video shoot with the drone I always shoot in manual mode. First either I will have an idea of the look I want or the director has already told me. That will determine for me what aperture (although with the smaller sensor there is a limit to how far down I can stop it and not get lens diffraction) I am going to use and the distance the subject is from the background. Once I have that figured out then I will do my best to stay within 180-degree range or 2x frame rate (although I have found some latitude here) and use ND filters to get a good exposure.

Last edited:
@CP Anson
Nice article. Its simple and helpful to people who don't come from a strong photography background. It takes some time for people to wrap their heads around the interrelationship between ISO, f-stop and shutter speed. Once they figure out that they are connected in a fully linear way it opens a whole new world for their ability to be creative. Although, Depth of Field is not as much of an issue or useful as it is with terrestrial photography it's still nice to utilize Aperture Priority. I did learn something new as I've never touched the White Balance indicator. I had no idea it would open up right there. Nice. Thanks.

Reactions: CP Anson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu