Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shaky landing gear after repair

Reaction score
My inspire was repaired after a flyaway crash and the language gear is now shaking as it is lowered.
Anyone having these issues .

Last edited:
I hate it when language gear shakes. lol

yeh i have the problem, it doesnt seem to affect flight in my case though, and doesnt shake when raised.. So I just keep on using it.

the gear shaft is bent..
samething happened on mine and I had to take it apart to straighten it.

My inspire was repaired after a flyaway crash and the language gear is now shaking as it is lowered.
Anyone having these issues .

the gear shaft is bent..
samething happened on mine and I had to take it apart to straighten it.

not necessarily. How do you know its the gear shaft and not the lose shims in the transforming mechanism?

bc everything was tight and the shaft was bent

It would shake all the time if it was the shims and not only during transition

Last edited:
All I1's I've seen have some "shaking" during the transition likely due to play in both sides on the mechanism that makes each arm move in unsynchronised "small jumps" instead of a smooth continuous movement.

Think I should send it back in for repair? I just waited 2 months for them to fix it this last time. It Flys fine I just worry about long term wear ....

Yes! There's a nut on each end of the landing gear and in between there there's a rubber or damper that's clamped between the large composite plastic pieces that aren't thick enough by design! But if you look at revised d it's mechanics are completely different from all the others!

Hammer,

How did you straighten the worm gear shaft? Mine is slightly bent after a hard landing... Any info you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks

DJI LA replaced my shaky bent gear with new model for $405, only took 2 months and they left off 2 side braces and 10 screws, but they just fedx'd the missing parts… good thing I had another Inspire to fly.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Crashburn,

Did they upgrade your yoke braces to the new I1 "D" version when this repair was made or did they simply replace the part with the same setup that you had? I can get a replacement part for 200 and the repair looks very simple. That sounds like a faster and much cheaper solution. I'm I really curious how Hammer was able straighten his without replacing. Seems like a very tricky adjustment/repair.

Thanks for the info.

Crashburn,

Did they upgrade your yoke braces to the new I1 "D" version when this repair was made or did they simply replace the part with the same setup that you had? I can get a replacement part for 200 and the repair looks very simple. That sounds like a faster and much cheaper solution. I'm I really curious how Hammer was able straighten his without replacing. Seems like a very tricky adjustment/repair.

Thanks for the info.
D version. Doesn't seem to go as high in flight mode as my other Inspire because I see some of the legs while pointing camera higher, which I don't see on the older version, but this could just be me. Goes in travel mode smooth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry