Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shooting Fireworks?

Reaction score
I am considering shooting a fireworks display in Columbus, Ohio for the 4th of July. I plan to shoot away from crowds, just getting a high wide shot with the skyline in the background. I really think I would just need 5 to 10 minutes of footage...I'm just looking to augment beauty shots that I've taken around the city.

I have a couple questions.

1) Should I be concerned with like-minded quadcopter shooters that may be in the area? Again, I have no desire to get to close to the action, and I don't really plan on shooting very long. I'm wondering if my Inspire could be "taken over" by another remote control?

2) I have not done any night shooting. What settings would you recommend? I've been shooting everything at 4k 30fps, in log mode...everything has been manual iris and not shooting with auto white balance. But I'm wondering if I should shoot with auto iris and auto white balance for these shots?

Thanks for any advice.

I'd recommend ISO 100 or 200. 1080p @ 60. No filters of course. 1/60 and greater will give you sharper images.

thanks...I was thinking I would have to be at a much higher iso...but again, I've done no night shooting.

Should I be concerned with like-minded quadcopter shooters that may be in the area? Again, I have no desire to get to close to the action, and I don't really plan on shooting very long. I'm wondering if my Inspire could be "taken over" by another remote control?
I don't think you should be worried of you Inspire being taken over but if you think there will be a number of drones flying then interference may be a problem on the C2/downlink 2.4GHz frequency band. I would use my handheld spectrum analyser to check for interference throughout the flight and keep the Inspire close to me. Above all keep it clear of the crowds and the explosions and have a great time.

Unless you have a computer with sufficient power and storage or a 4K TV, there would seem little point recording above 1080p if you get no benefit and cannot edit or view it at the higher resolution.
4k downscaled to 1080p looks much better than the 1080p the camera shoots, because the "chroma subsampling" the camera performs means your 1080p footage isn't true 1080p footage

Reactions: qbizzy
I don't think you should be worried of you Inspire being taken over but if you think there will be a number of drones flying then interference may be a problem on the C2/downlink 2.4GHz frequency band. I would use my handheld spectrum analyser to check for interference throughout the flight and keep the Inspire close to me. Above all keep it clear of the crowds and the explosions and have a great time.

which handheld analyzer do you use?

Hi everyone

Just received a call asking me if I can jump in and shoot bonfire/firework display for the is evening (Im fully qualified and insured) and know the area/ crowd control set up very well at the site.
The question I have is this!!!
Just received new inspire pro (2Days ago) what would be the recommended settings for the aperture and all other settings? Im tempted to leave it in Log but unsure whats best with this new camera setup Im looking at filming in 1080 60fps so I can slow it down in post any ideas greatly appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44