Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I buy a used or new Inspire 1?

Is your money! for hobby a use one,as a money maker a new remenber beside the Bird and contrller will be batt filters charger hud case etc or get a new older model

Should I buy a used Inspire 1 or a new one?
I think a more descriptive title other than 'Inspire 1' would be good.
Titles like this unfortunately render the search function on the forum useless.

If you you try using the search facility you will see that this very subject has been debated ad nauseum but I will let this thread run for the time being.

I have also edited your thread title to something more meaningful.

It all depends on what you want.

Second hand = higher risk, has it ever crashed, how was it stored, how's is the battery history, how are the motor bearings etc. A lot of things that could have been neglected by the first user.

Dealer = low risk, advice, warranty, support, brand new etc.

Ask yourself: If you buy second hand, do you have the knowledge and experience to determine for yourself you get a safe craft?

Last edited:
It is interesting watching the dynamic unfold between used pricing and new pricing right now, with the release of v2 inevitable. My observation has been that (bundled batteries aside) used pricing is very close to new pricing right now. Many are trying to recover as much of their initial investment as they can. While you cannot blame them for that because we all do it, it has created a situation where buying used, in MOST cases, simply doesn't make sense.

I'm in this same situation right now myself. I just can't see leaving a couple hundred dollars on the table for used v. new. Not where we are right now. I'm buying new unless something changes in a major way and quickly, which I do not believe is going to happen until the new v.1 stuff is depleted from dealer inventory.

Just my $0.02. That and $5 will get you a cup of coffee. LOL

Looking at the current market situation, that's the way I'm leaning for sure. I don't generally trust "used" batteries anyway, so I consider them a necessary new purchase. Besides, a couple of 148's with the stock is enough for me anyway. My distrust for somebody else's batteries stems from 25 years of RC flying and trading. Batteries are one of the easy places to get burned, in more ways than one. They are also one of the easy and most affordable ways to protect your investment by buying new so you know what you've got.

If stuff was half, I'd consider it. I'm just not seeing anything resembling those kinds of margins, at least not yet. That's where they should be, IMO, but it just isn't happening because people want to minimize their losses (human nature). My bet is that the used market is and will remain stagnant until new inventory is gone, as I said above, or until people realize that if they want to sell, they cannot sell them at "new" prices by throwing in a couple of essentially "cheap" bonuses. This type of market (RC/production/photography professionals and advanced hobbiests) tends to be smarter than that.

In other words, take the used batteries out of the equation in used ads and you're basically looking at apples to apples pricing with new. Which would you buy?

Des if your planing to go Commercial a new ver 2 will be the way to go, but as a hobby a new older version will do, the fear of the I2 coming out is making lot of use ones hit the market but, if is really coming out a Dealer most likely will try to clear inventory and get you a better deal, Yes for the Price a new is the way to go
B&h Photo has the I1 for $1500 and the ver 2 for$ 2000 no brainer to go new
Hope it help

Reactions: Cgland
Yeah I want to buy it for jobs etc, where is the best place to look for jobs for this type of thing though?

Yeah I owned a Phantom 4 for a short period but didn't realize I could get a potential side job out of it.

That,s everyone fear, you can star with a P4, no problem, will start by doing a aerial shot of your home show it to friends U can even use it as a camera gimbal type for the inside (no props attached) them use a movie maker Adobe premie,r final cut on ios and make your video learn your skills and get licence they you will be ready to use get your circle of friend to advertice you with realtors

The problem with starting with a P4 is no one really takes you seriously from what I've heard, but I've flown and Inspire and I really like it.

I just bought a very lightly used i1 . Less than 25 flights before I bought. So it's technically new because you can tell it was well taken care of. It's got the upgraded landing gear link to the worm drive. ( sorry bad description) and the twist on quick release. (1345s) so I think it's a c or d version. I'm not sure though. Does anyone think I got a decent deal at 1350$ ?

There's nothing wrong with a used one you can tell if it's been beat up or not drone health

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth