Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I buy a used or new Inspire 1?

I was in your shoes not so long ago. I had the bucks for a used Inspire, but needed to save more money for a brand new model. I almost bought used and then I happened to see a You Tube video of a guy fishing his out of the water! Even if it ran OK, (which I seriously doubt), after it was dried out, how long before water damage caused something else to fail. I don't think there are any extraneous extra parts on most quality drones. Everything serves a purpose. In other words if another part failed, you are likely to end up with an expensive paper weight.
As for Ftolino, I am guessing he meant you could part a damaged Inspire out someplace like eBay. Certain pieces are always in demand to repair someone else's damaged Inspire.
I will leave you with this little story. I purchased a RC helicopter-used-off eBay many years ago. Paid a fair price, but when I got it I could tell it had been abused. I couldn't get my money back and ended up spending twice the price of a new model just to get it to safe flying status. The thing never did fly right , so I took it all apart and sold the pieces. Did get half my investment back.
The final decision is yours to make. For myself, I will never buy used RC type aircraft again. Almost impossible to tell exactly what it has been through.

Alright, I'll probably just buy a Inspire V2 when the time comes. I called best buy and they said they would price match B&H for $1549 guessing they don't know there is a V1 model :D

Reactions: John Archer
Alright, I'll probably just buy a Inspire V2 when the time comes. I called best buy and they said they would price match B&H for $1549 guessing they don't know there is a V1 model :D

Won't you have to pay sales tax at Best Buy? That may still be cheaper than shipping? Unless you have to have it yesterday keep checking around. (Have you checked Amazon?) Some places offer extra batteries and you can never have to many batteries.
As for the V 2, I bought mine new-before the price drop-yet I would still do it all over again. Trust me, you will love your Inspire from Day 1!

I have a v1 with the pro prop mounts with x5 an x3 was worried about the weight of the x5 but it handles it well . There's no comparison to the phantom series .

I have a v1 with the pro prop mounts with x5 an x3 was worried about the weight of the x5 but it handles it well . There's no comparison to the phantom series .
Got the Hots for a x5 but the Little Lady said "NO!!!!" Just have to start ratting some money. I heard the x5 is totally sick! Someday....

Reactions: Ftolino
It's OK when you get it you pick it up an man it's on the heavy side an wander wtf am I doing. It's only a hobby for me

I know that feeling also. It would be cool if I could make some bread flying my Quad, but the hassle of getting the license, permits, insurance, and all the hoops you have to jump through makes that idea kind of moot.
My wife insists its a toy. Kind of hard to argue with her. Hope she never finds out how much I spent on my "Toy". :eek:

Once you get an inspire I don't think she's going to think it's a toy anymore. Once you start that up and then blades are spinning it sure as hell doesn't sound like a toy I don't want to get hit by one either

Attachments

• IMAG0708.jpg
    IMAG0708.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0708.jpg
    IMAG0708.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
I just bought the phantom 4 going to see how I like it, if I don't think its the right fit I'll pick up an inspire 1.

I just bought the phantom 4 going to see how I like it, if I don't think its the right fit I'll pick up an inspire 1.
You'll like the 4 dji's silly firmware updates are simple on the 4 downloaded straight from your iPad ,Android where the inspire you need a laptop a card reader an a hope an prayer that everything goes right.
Have you flown it yet ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide