Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I purchase the DJI Inspire V1 or V2

Reaction score
I plan on purchasing an Inspire by the end of this week, though I am not sure whether to go with the V1 or V2. I called Atlanta Hobby for their advice and was told that if I ever wanted to upgrade to the X5 camera I'd be better off with the V2. The customer service representative told me that customers that have upgraded the V1 to carry the X5 camera have complained of the quadcopter losing altitude because of the extra weight and said that the V2's more powerful motors are needed to avoid losing altitude. I'm not sure that I believe this to be true. It seems to me that DJI wouldn't sell an adapter for the V1 if this was a problem. I can get the V1 for $700 less and pay $99 for the adapter if I ever wanted to upgrade to the X5 for which reason I'd prefer to go this route if I know for sure that I can upgrade to the X5 without any problems.

Has anyone upgraded the V1 to carry the X5 and have they had any problems?

Thanks in advance!

I would wait until March 1st to see what announcements they come out with before deciding... But of the V1 and V2 i would go V2...! There are some good packages direct from DJI currently, so see if you can get your local dealer to match...

I called DJI and asked if the new motors for the DJI Inspire V2 are for the heavier X5 camera and was told that they are not. The technician told me that the payload that can be carried by the v1 & v2 is about the same. Knowing this I don't see any reason to pay extra for the V2. The V2 has pushed down the cost of the V1 in the used market. At this point I'll most likely go with the V1, though I'd still like to know what others think.

It won't matter, there is a vid on YouTube of a v1 inspire lifting a few pounds no problem, the few extra grams of the x5 are nothing it can't handle with ease.

What you should buy depends on your plans how to use the copter. If this is your 1st attempt to get into the business without knowing how it will work for you, look for a cheaper P2 or P3.

If you plan to spend more time with your copter and consider to go for the X5, buy a PRO or V2. The V1 is a nice tool but some guys here think that the V1 will get out of (firmware) maintenance sooner or later.

Last but not least: let the budget decide.

Chris

Another consideration without going off topic is the Inspire handles higher winds than the P3P. I have between 18 and 28 knots down here in the Caribbean so the P3P stays indoors a lot. Had l known l would have just gone for the Inspire in the first place. Horses for courses though both great pieces of kit.

Another consideration without going off topic is the Inspire handles higher winds than the P3P. I have between 18 and 28 knots down here in the Caribbean so the P3P stays indoors a lot. Had l known l would have just gone for the Inspire in the first place. Horses for courses though both great pieces of kit.

Phantoms handle higher wind much better in atti mode, fyi.

Go with the v2 the newest and find a new used one save some cash for some other stuff. Once you buy one unit your far from done spending . low end a good 1000,00 on stuff

Call Ralph at www.flyhighusa.com as he has my I1v2 with the 1410 FCC coded transmitter. I bought it in December and wanted the 1510 coded transmitter so Ralph has mine to sell. It has only a few flights on it and comes with the moded Remote control by DBSMODS.com
Not one problem with this bird. No error messages, etc.
I have had some error messages with my new bird!
Call and check it out. I think it is a good deal at $2400 with 10 months of warranty left.

I USING V1 D version !!! no problem at all !! never fails me...
but if u asking me which one is better and i would say

OF CAUSE V2 !!! BETTER ESC and MOTORS ... unless they offer V1 super cheap price haha ~~

For all intents and purposes, the V1 is fine. The X3 gives you awesome pictures in 4k and HD.
The only advantage to the X5 is if you MUST get a closeup shot of something and have the background out of focus in shallow depth of field mode. The camera, having a bigger sensor, is also a little more light sensitive.
And this could be a big deal for some and I agree, however, for day to day aerial filming, it would be a waste to use the X5. The V1 with X3 is fine for most needs.

Reactions: fei8820
yes agree.... it depend on what you are doing...
as for me i do mostly for industrial aera so ... if you are more weddings i would recommend X5

I plan on purchasing an Inspire by the end of this week, though I am not sure whether to go with the V1 or V2. I called Atlanta Hobby for their advice and was told that if I ever wanted to upgrade to the X5 camera I'd be better off with the V2. The customer service representative told me that customers that have upgraded the V1 to carry the X5 camera have complained of the quadcopter losing altitude because of the extra weight and said that the V2's more powerful motors are needed to avoid losing altitude. I'm not sure that I believe this to be true. It seems to me that DJI wouldn't sell an adapter for the V1 if this was a problem. I can get the V1 for $700 less and pay $99 for the adapter if I ever wanted to upgrade to the X5 for which reason I'd prefer to go this route if I know for sure that I can upgrade to the X5 without any problems.

Has anyone upgraded the V1 to carry the X5 and have they had any problems?

Thanks in advance!
V2 or the Inspire Pro Black are the top birds available right now from DJI in the Quadcopter line

I purchased the DJI Inspire V1 D for $1,900 off of Craigslist. I made the decision to go with the V1 over the V2 after speaking with a representative from DJI who assured me that I'd have no problem upgrading to the X5. With the money saved I've purchased an extra TB48 battery, filter kit, and Bestem Waterproof 1680D EVA hardshell backpack.

Base from my building experience... lower kv would have lower battery comsuptions.. just add bigger props or higher pitch for better performance. Higher kv will give more power... if use the same props but will comsume more battery

V2 or the Inspire Pro Black are the top birds available right now from DJI in the Quadcopter line
Hi Ralph, i think that i missing something in my project to have more flight time with the battery mod, buying the x5r with the stability plat and the extantion for landing gear, changing the prop, but now i have to replace the 4 motors? is it right that i must install different KV to support the x5r camera?

Hi Ralph, i think that i missing something in my project to have more flight time with the battery mod, buying the x5r with the stability plat and the extantion for landing gear, changing the prop, but now i have to replace the 4 motors? is it right that i must install different KV to support the x5r camera?
Hello Raphael, which bird do you currently have?

Any one of the Inspire 1 birds will carry the X5R. Yes the V2 has upgraded motors but it's not a huge difference from the Inspire 1. The landing gear extension and the x5 mounting plates weight is not a lot. I have all versions of the Inspire and I would put the x5 on any of them and feel comfortable. I did some real world testing with my Inspire 1 and it would hover at mid stick carrying 3.5 lbs that's more than enough power to handle the x5
Hey buddy, give me a shout, we will go over what you have and make sure you are set up appropriately. I'm availabile anytime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters