Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Smart Power Charge Prop Guards Review

Reaction score
I just got done using the smart power charge prop guards for an indoor live event today.

Let me start off by saying that Richie over at SPC was awesome and a life saver. I guess they hit a snag with production and because I couldn't have my set in time for the event he sent his personal pair for me to use. Awesome!

The prop guards are great. Light weight, stable, and most of all useful. I didn't notice any difference in flying with and without them. They take about 10 minutes to put on if you use the screws. Once on they're solid and do they're job. I ran a bump test and they worked perfectly.

Those who have ordered will be happy with the product. Get at me if you have any questions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 253
I have a pair in order too. Rich is great to work with, as you mentioned. Expect quality products. I have the Smart Power Charger. Expect a review soon

This is really good to hear...thanks for the review...you never know. I can't understand why DJI does not offer these as part of the Inspire package...even if it costs a bit more, they are worth it.

Thanks again...I'm ordering.

AF1QipO9WJDO25ZtLEKj10gz6HZLnLIshDsNKk7Iz00O
My set didn't fit at first...one prop touched the guard so I knew better than to continue. Dealer rushed me a replacement for that bad guard and all set...painted them a modest bright pink for visibility. WARNING: not for use in anything even approaching mild winds.

Last edited:
Why do you say this about the wind? This is the first I've heard of this? I've had mine on for 2 weeks now...flying in all kinds of conditions, including windy...let me know what you've experienced. I would like to think that this warning would come with the guards.

AF1QipOijZ6bPZIJnT_6jkQMx65I5J2bkH2FsWvAZk9I

Trying it outside before I dared go inside, the situation was about 10mph winds and I feel the Inspire would be safer not flying...I'm perhaps timid after a couple crashes. Anyway, the bird bounced around more than I cared for...the wind's problem and mine, not the guards. They simply presented more wind resistance (drag) than expected. Calm winds = great flights. Winds +10MPH ≠ not so great.

Last edited:
Thanks, I haven't noticed this, but will be extra observant next time I fly when it's windy. Usually, I just avoid the windy days. I feel much better having these guards, not only for the sake of my craft, but more important, I think they can help avoid serious injury in a worst-case scenario. Thanks for getting back to me.

I just got done using the smart power charge prop guards for an indoor live event today.

Let me start off by saying that Richie over at SPC was awesome and a life saver. I guess they hit a snag with production and because I couldn't have my set in time for the event he sent his personal pair for me to use. Awesome!

The prop guards are great. Light weight, stable, and most of all useful. I didn't notice any difference in flying with and without them. They take about 10 minutes to put on if you use the screws. Once on they're solid and do they're job. I ran a bump test and they worked perfectly.

Those who have ordered will be happy with the product. Get at me if you have any questions.
Anybody that puts prop guards on a Inspire needs there head read... they do nothing to protect the Inspire... the Inspire weight makes them useless except for a small bump.. and i meen smal.. they add extra weight ... they create drag... more wind you fly in the more drag.. all these things add up to a slower UAV and a loss of flight time... not to mention the price... save your money and buy something useful ...

I just had a nice bump while flying...it saved my ***. I was flying at the speed at which I usually shoot. I can "read my head" just fine, thank you.

Reactions: Scotflieger
I just had a nice bump while flying...it saved my ***. I was flying at the speed at which I usually shoot. I can "read my head" just fine, thank you.
i said they could handle a small bump... show us a video of the prop guard saving a Inspire at 10 km P H..(keep in mind the inspire will do 90 km P H) have you seen a promotional video showing anything like no.. why because it will fail ... they are a waist of money ...

i said they could handle a small bump... show us a video of the prop guard saving a Inspire at 10 kph (keep in mind the inspire will do 90 kph) have you seen a promotional video showing anything like no.. why because it will fail ... they are a waste of money ...
Steven, are you just out to stop us wasting our money or have you something against Smart PowerCharge?

I have a set of these prop guards for working close to buildings/structures carrying out survey and inspection work. I shall not be flying at high speed so the protection they provide from blade strikes works for me. I would not use them for normal flying. Value for money is a personal choice.

PS. I have taken the liberty to correct your spelling and abbreviations.

Reactions: Rustysilverwings
Steven, are you just out to stop us wasting our money or have you something against Smart PowerCharge?

I have a set of these prop guards for working close to buildings/structures carrying out survey and inspection work. I shall not be flying at high speed so the protection they provide from blade strikes works for me. I would not use them for normal flying. Value for money is a personal choice.

Exactly the same for me.
I only put my guards on for low speed indoors or close proximity situations.

Thank you Scotflieger... i am out to help you save your money...and to bring to the attention the limitations of these guards... they can give a FALSE sense of security ... they are not value for money...

interesting how many people on this topic are all hot to trot getting a set of these. do guys bump into stuff that much?

first, they look bad and only accomplish making the best looking quad copter look like a 200 dollar toy. second, once someone approaches you asking about the inspire, how much it costs and how big it is, will they not also ask "you bump into stuff that much?"

3rd, you bump into stuff that much?

Reactions: Steven Powter
You know... thats what i like about a forum like this.. members view's are not censored.... and after reading the pro's and con's.... members.... can make up their own mind on what they want to buy..

I have them for exactly the same reasons. They are good value for my use and certainly not a 'waist'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg