Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Smart Powercharge Inspire 1 user manual

Reaction score
Morning all,

As above really, does anyone have a full user manual for this charger? I'm having an issue with deep cycling batteries in that they will start the discharge for half hour or so, then stop with the charge LED flashing alternate red/green and the voltage display showing 0.9 or 0.8. Not sure if it thinks the battery is goosed (all four of them only hold between 2919mAh and 3933mAh) but even the worst one still charges normally ok, and I get 9 minutes or so of flight from it...
Have emailed Smart Powercharge and they just sent a link to the quick start guide, which I already have! Ho hum!

PS Model is SPC4500

TIA
Simon

Thanks Aero, that's what I have too.
Found the problem, the QSG says hold the deep cycle button in until the LED turns red- which is what I was doing, although the LED started flashing red. Seems a single short press of the button is all that is required, then the LED turns steady red. Doh!
All working perfectly now...

cheers
Si

I have a used one of these that seems to work fine. The user guide is horrible in explaining how to deep cycle with this unit. Can someone here who has one of these please elaborate on the deep cycle process. Can you initiate that process at anytime while a battery is charging? When I push the red button it goes from a solid green to a blinking red light. 8 appears and then it goes back to green and the 8 goes back to the number it was before and charging the battery. I have tried short pressing and long pressing and it just doesnt seem to go into deep cycle mode. What am I doing wrong? I would like to utilize the deep cycle feature.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks, Rchjr

From memory, as I sold my unit some months ago:
Press the deep cycle red button briefly BEFORE dropping the battery in.
The unit won't deep cycle a battery that has more than about a 30% charge in it, but instead will continue with regular charging. Might be lower (or higher) than 30%, but if the battery starts to charge normally, then you know there's too much charge in it!

Hope this helps
Si

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry