Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

REVIEW: Smart Power Charger DJI Inspire 1 SPC4500

How many of those flight hours are spent running the batteries down to 5%?

I have been eyeing up this beauty for a while, I havent got time to read more than a few pages of this thread, it seems too many trolls would waste my eyesight.
is the general concensus that this charger is worth the money?

Has anyone looked inside and tried to add more fans? I live in an extremely hot place, my current bodge up charging case actually works well at cooling down the batteries after flight when the air coming in is AC'd

How well does this stand up to modified sine wave invertors? does anyone have any good time racked up using one?

do the batteries click into the charging bays? can you charge without them clicking in if so? ( i dont want to wear the plastic tabs unnecesarily)

thanks in advance

The SPC 4500 will bring discharge to 3.3V on a properly calibrated DJI battery.

You don't need to add additional fan but if you want to there is a spare vent on the RHS to which you can add an additional fan. Just make sure it's wired to blow out as the LHS is set to suck air in.

You are best to use a full sine wave inverter rated to 800W RMS to allow for your car's voltage lost.

The plastic tabs can be remove if you need to use them.

Plenty of happy customers and you will get unrivalled after sales support.

Thank you for ignoring the trolls who have their own agenda.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440130996.336612.jpg

Last edited:
Below is the DJI sample battery’s discharging test by E-Load discharge, the discharge current is 0.5A (simulating SPC 4500 charger). The lowest voltage shows 19.633V, then it stops discharging itself. This proves every DJI battery pack is not the same.
7ab77a728becb23dd4221c5988ca5219.jpg

Battery Voltage 17.671V; E-Load discharge current 0.486A (simulating i1 charger)
9960454cf464bb0e473eca7fe342ca8d.jpg

Battery Voltage 0.0813V; E-Load discharge current 0.0A (simulating i1 charger) ~ BAT auto turn-off
52115f067b0807279dabe8b493368473.jpg

And here is actual proof of DJI variable voltage at %
cc6b738509b57a16017772b762511f5b.jpg

Had to go to ZERO % just to get to 3.3V
So this particular battery will shut down at 5% = 3.5V thus making it look like the SPC 4500 Can't cycle it.
bfb9e24d8324de9f523529f56e3c2573.jpg

For owners of smart powercharge charger, you can simply connect any dumb 6S lipo - run the discharge program and you will see that the SPC 4500 does indeed bring the discharge voltage to 19.8V = 3.3V per cell.

I've just had mine arrive with no UK plug anyone else using one of these in the UK?
I raised the same question on Droneland - I got a continental lead. I had to order a UK cable from Amazon. Avoid the right angled ones because the lead comes to the front and not towards the rear (unless like me you are happy to do some internal soldering.

Reactions: Tj_
I raised the same question on Droneland - I got a continental lead. I had to order a UK cable from Amazon. Avoid the right angled ones because the lead comes to the front and not towards the rear (unless like me you are happy to do some internal soldering.

Scot, thanks for directed me to this thread. It has, minus the trolling, some very helpful information.

Reactions: Scotflieger
so, buy this thing, or don't? Still tempted to get 4-6 stock 100w chargers and call it a day..
David... unless you have money to burn... don't buy this charger.... i have 12 batt and 3 DJI chargers and ..have no problems keeping up with charging.... buy some extra batteries instead... much better value... i love the way some members look on you as a troll... if you don't agree with them... i am just giving my opinion... its up to you what you want to do.... safe flying...

David... unless you have money to burn... don't buy this charger.... i have 12 batt and 3 DJI chargers and ..have no problems keeping up with charging.... buy some extra batteries instead... much better value... i love the way some members look on you as a troll... if you don't agree with them... i am just giving my opinion... its up to you what you want to do.... safe flying...

Steven, don't be so sensitive. The definition of a "troll" is given as "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument." The vast majority of members on this forum are well versed in the difference between someone trolling and someone giving his opinion.

The troll in this thread stands out like a sore thumb. His posts were both provocative and disruptive.

Hello, can someone of the SPC4500 current owners could let me know the width, lenght and depth of this product ?
I am trying to find out if it will fit in one of my cases.
Thank you in advance.

i just purchase one , how low should the volt go when using the deep cycle charge? how long does it take to deep cycle charge?

i just purchase one , how low should the volt go when using the deep cycle charge? how long does it take to deep cycle charge?
To do a standard deep cycle as recommended by DJI every 10-20 flights (as opposed to the 100-5% recalibration), you need to be down to around 30%. The best way is to do a flight and then deep cycle. It is best done overnight. Make sure you power on the battery, press the deep cycle button, let it self-test and then drop the battery into the slot. In the morning you will a fully charged deep cycled battery.

Reactions: John Archer
Guys - I ABSOLUTELY love this unit - so much so, I am ordering (2) more of the I1 units and (2) of the P3 units.
For profession applications, this is the way to go, end of story, not sure why people have so much poop in their pants...this thing is killer!
Worth every penny.

There's a special $74.99 off each unit at the moment at

POWERCHARGE - HOME PAGE

Once you've selected into the cart - discount will show at check out.

That's 15% per unit.

Reactions: Scotflieger
I will wait for DJI to release a simultaneous charger, I'd rather pay a bit more for a genuine charger especially if you are a professional. Meanwhile I have a 4 way charging hub and an inverter should I want to charge on location

I totally agree, I cant wait for the soon to be firmware upgrade, there will be a GUI interface so you will be able to tweak your SPC4500

Any updates on the mentioned firmware update for the SPC4500 Smart Powercharge unit? I hope that it will allow us to select a Storage charge mode in addition to the existing Full charge mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide