Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Snake River Prototyping (SRP) ND8/CP for Inspire

Reaction score
Guys,

These are not yet available (but will be very soon :)). My previous experience with SRP's range of GoPro filters has been excellent so I am expecting no different with the I1 filter.

I have one here for evaluation and (weather permitting) will be testing it out over the coming days.
First impressions are:
  • Very good quality
  • Thread fits perfectly :)
  • Easy to adjust the filter orientation to get maximum effect from the circular polarisation
  • It's a little heavier than stock, but not overly so (around 9g)

Here are some teaser pics - Will keep you posted when they are available for shipping and my impressions once I have put this one through its paces.

Mmmm,interesting.Will keep an eye on this when reports are coming

interested to see how this goes, the SNP CP i have on my gopro is great,
if this doesnt bodge the gimbal etc then im in,,,,,,

Any concerns over the additional weight of these filters versus the stock filter? It's my understand the SRP filter is 9g, almost 3 times the weight of the stock filter. Could this additional weight cause stress on the gimbal motors?

The problem with a polarised filter for UAV work is the angle of the light source (the Sun) changes as you fly. This means the angle of reflected rays also changes and this causes variations in the polarising effect that can be seen in a lightning and darkning of the sky which is very noticable.
It's great for stills and video taken in one direction/plane but not general flight.
Additionally, the filter needs rotating to achieve the optimum effect and this really can't be done when the gimbal is powered up.

The problem with a polarised filter for UAV work is the angle of the light source (the Sun) changes as you fly. This means the angle of reflected rays also changes and this causes variations in the polarising effect that can be seen in a lightning and darkning of the sky which is very noticable.
It's great for stills and video taken in one direction/plane but not general flight.
Additionally, the filter needs rotating to achieve the optimum effect and this really can't be done when the gimbal is powered up.

You are absolutely right about that, its pretty much a gamble every time you have the PL on even if you have a circular polarizer. Main reason why i like to have PL is to make the clouds pop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop