Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

So is the iPhone 6 now incompatible?

Reaction score
I use the iPad Air 2 and after all updates in firmware to my i1 and DJI Go update to .22 the bird is flying better and further than ever, last weekend was perfect, no wind clear skies and in the high 70s. What a difference from flying in mid summer heat, where 3500' with wind surfers meant broken video feed, I made it past that mark with maybe a couple of momentary freezes. Really happy. However, I had the bright idea pf doing the litchi fpv trick tonight and to my disappointment find that in both litchi and DJI Go, the video feed does the same scan I got when I erroneously used an iPad 2 and it couldn't handle the app.
Does this mean that my iPhone 6 is now obsolete and if I want to fly Litchi fpv I need to upgrade my phone?
tear dripping down to the floor in slo mo!

I’m having the same issues with the same phone. Any threads about what mobile devices are not glitching?

I have an Lg tablet that stil works well enough. But how long will that last. crystal sky not running 3rd party mapping / autonomous apps. ??? Thanks.

Ps does the I2 do this as well?

I posted the question in the litchi fb page since litchi is behaving badly as well, and the response was that the iPhone 6 being older possibly lacks the capabilities to run the current software

It was in the news recently that Apple was intentionally slowing down older phones. Maybe this is a result of that?

Reactions: Mixchief
I am coming to the conclusion that apples slowing the phone down due to the battery is why my phone is acting up with DJI Go. My battery is agonizing , fortunately they lowered the replacement price, so will absolutely report when it’s replaced, I think end of January is their new price.

It’s actually both, the firmware is reacting to the battery. My battery is virtually dead considering 3 years + of use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions