Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Some good TB50 news for a change

If you are going to do it, get the latest RealFlight w/ controller to practice. A lot of people crash taking up their helis up for the first time. The idea is to never crash. It takes a lot of work to rebuild it back to stock.

I was heavily into sims w/ good physics engines before I got into RC. A lot of things are pretty much the same but obviously in real-life there are wind, improperly built equipment that isn't perfectly balanced, and other factors.
I built 30 & 60 nitro back in the 70-80's... then this last Winter picked up a little Blade MCP S... had blast inside house... that got me to later get a 120, then 230 and a 360. I did pick up the simulator Realflight with the 360... haven't used either yet. Flew the 120 & 230 outside and able to do nose in flying... but that about where it stopped. Not the most stable yet.. but the gyros have greatly improved since the 80's.

Still requires a heck of a lot more flying skill than a GPS photo drone... but then again, that's why they're photo drones.

Reactions: AntDX316
I built 30 & 60 nitro back in the 70-80's... then this last Winter picked up a little Blade MCP S... had blast inside house... that got me to later get a 120, then 230 and a 360. I did pick up the simulator Realflight with the 360... haven't used either yet. Flew the 120 & 230 outside and able to do nose in flying... but that about where it stopped. Not the most stable yet.. but the gyros have greatly improved since the 80's.

Still requires a heck of a lot more flying skill than a GPS photo drone... but then again, that's why they're photo drones.
Flying orientations are just the basics. Things get real when you start flying upside down.

Some people crash immediately when they go into manual mode w/ the drones lol

I have a Nano CPS but it sucks to fly indoors.

Ed, you're fortunate. I have 40+ DJI batteries for Inspire 2, M600 and Mavic 2 Pro aircraft. Recently, ALL 8 of my Inspire 2 TB50 batteries swelled to the point they will hardy insert into the DjI Battery Station or the aircraft. None of the remaining 32+ batteries are having this issue. DJI advises to NOT use the swollen batteries, so my solution to doing client work requires about $1,500 for new batteries. DJI, so far, refuses to recall/replace the swollen batteries; they just quote the DJI six-month battery Warranty policy. I contend this is a recall/replace issue and DJI knows a revised TB50 is now shipping.

Imagine all vendors supplying batteries for our home and work delivering batteries with a lifespan of only six months.

This seems to be a candidate for a Class Action Lawsuit. That doesn't help me, but would put DJI on notice to do the right thing when products are defective.

====================================================
With the TB50s, after you have used them do they instantly recharge?

With the TB48 and P4 batteries, after you use them, it doesn't allow you to recharge them at all. I wonder if they did this so you can get back in the action by recharging on the field and/or to cost cut. Some manufacturers go cheaper with newer products when you'd think it's the same standard or better. With my M2 batteries, you can instantly recharge them after use. They haven't swollen. The latest firmware allows discharge days. Before, you couldn't. I got into DJI a few months ago so people who have had the M2 have had swelling battery problems known for lipos when they stay at a full charge unused for many months.

With the TB50s, after you have used them do they instantly recharge?

With the TB48 and P4 batteries, after you use them, it doesn't allow you to recharge them at all. I wonder if they did this so you can get back in the action by recharging on the field and/or to cost cut. Some manufacturers go cheaper with newer products when you'd think it's the same standard or better. With my M2 batteries, you can instantly recharge them after use. They haven't swollen. The latest firmware allows discharge days. Before, you couldn't. I got into DJI a few months ago so people who have had the M2 have had swelling battery problems known for lipos when they stay at a full charge unused for many months.
Not sure what you're stating... but as indicated in prev post... the TB50 / 55 had the smart discharge feature prior to last Winter's Firmware ordeal and various updates. They may have provided a wider range of days... that I don't recall... but they had a # day feature initially too.

I'm assuming your "M2" is M200 series.

On the hot charge... also previously indicated. The temp sensor prevents HOT charge, and limits full amp rate when hot-warm... but like other DJI smart batteries; will allow charge as battery cools and long before battey is cold. I think the difference may be the discharge rate and associated temps... the Mavic batteries don't get as hot as a M200 series. The TB48 on I1 series uses the same temp sensor probe as the TB48S and will allow warm charge too.

Not sure what you're stating... but as indicated in prev post... the TB50 / 55 had the smart discharge feature prior to last Winter's Firmware ordeal and various updates. They may have provided a wider range of days... that I don't recall... but they had a # day feature initially too.

I'm assuming your "M2" is M200 series.

On the hot charge... also previously indicated. The temp sensor prevents HOT charge, and limits full amp rate when hot-warm... but like other DJI smart batteries; will allow charge as battery cools and long before battey is cold. I think the difference may be the discharge rate and associated temps... the Mavic batteries don't get as hot as a M200 series. The TB48 on I1 series uses the same temp sensor probe as the TB48S and will allow warm charge too.
If you are allowed to charge after using it then it would ruin something.

If you are allowed to charge after using it then it would ruin something.
I agree with not charging until cool-cold. Although, if ya need to keep a SAR, SWAT or Fire operation in the Air... that takes precedence.

I agree, hot charging is probably the most damaging to lipo gel... a lot more damaging than charge level for short term shelf storage and probably causes more issues than realized.

Reactions: AntDX316
I agree with not charging until cool-cold. Although, if ya need to keep a SAR, SWAT or Fire operation in the Air... that takes precedence.

I agree, hot charging is probably the most damaging to lipo gel... a lot more damaging than charge level for short term shelf storage and probably causes more issues than realized.
yeah, probably the people who had batteries fires but someone who has a P4 had his battery explode while flying but no one really knows if he was on the aftermarket batteries as it was all burned up

yeah, probably the people who had batteries fires but someone who has a P4 had his battery explode while flying but no one really knows if he was on the aftermarket batteries as it was all burned up
That story has "Fish Tails" in it too. The explosion is a bit exaggerated in my opinion... granted the P4's battery is in a well & contained... it's not such a containment to retain pressure to an explosive pressure of magnitude to sound so loud from a slower burning chemical.

That story has "Fish Tails" in it too. The explosion is a bit exaggerated in my opinion... granted the P4's battery is in a well & contained... it's not such a containment to retain pressure to an explosive pressure of magnitude to sound so loud from a slower burning chemical.
DJI is replacing the drone and the battery as said in post #120.

Ok... and? Still a fishy story.... exaggerated story line... DJI didn't replace based on story line. Nice they replaced for him.
I didn't see his telemetry until now. I think it got shot by someone with a high-caliber rifle. I don't want to ruin his chance of getting a new setup for free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa