Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Something I do before flights

Reaction score
I noticed in some of the threads where people were having technical issues with their Inspires many of the responses were "How many satellites did you have" "what channels were you using" and what not.

Majority of the people usually respond with "I don't know". It happens. We get so excited to fly that we forget to check some of the simplest settings (I'm guilty time to time).

What I have started to do know before flight, is I flip through the settings and I screen shoot them.
I don't know how you do it on an android, but on a IPhone press the home and the power button at the same time and it will take a picture of your settings.

You can also use this data to fill out a log book if needed. Once your done you can delete them. Or achieving them for later research if you need it.

But now, if someone asks you, you'll likely have the answer :)

Reactions: Jason Schiffner
I record every flight with Shou. I flip through the settings and sensor screens to have all the data for every flight. The data after the flight is also important, like flight times, remaining battery %, total distance, max distance and altitude.

Reactions: Jason Schiffner
I complete battery and flight logs after every mission. In general, I check props, motors, format SD card, calibrate EVERY time I fly, battery levels, area for FOD, met conditions, camera settings, TX batteries. The list goes on. My on-site check list is three pages long, though I have the time to do these checks, not the money for a new Inspire...

I complete battery and flight logs after every mission. In general, I check props, motors, format SD card, calibrate EVERY time I fly, battery levels, area for FOD, met conditions, camera settings, TX batteries. The list goes on. My on-site check list is three pages long, though I have the time to do these checks, not the money for a new Inspire...

I would love to see your checklist!

FOD? Haha ok. I think we're safe from getting bits of crap sucked into the motors on these things.

Reactions: Glen
FOD? Haha ok. I think we're safe from getting bits of crap sucked into the motors on these things.
No, I think FOD is a significant concern because of the case. I see bits of the foam on the case busting off. If those get lodged in the motor, then it may cause that motor to burn-out. And that burnout will probably happen sometime during flight causing the whole thing to crash. Like others, I simply can't afford to replace mine.

Like it or not, it's part of my CAA permissions so has to be done. It's not just able the motors though, it's anything that can cause an issue during landing - skids getting caught on something perhaps.

You should laugh. I fly a lot from beaches, roads and dirt tracks. Any sand, dust, grit or small stones that gets into your motors or the landing gear screw jack can do untold damage in the short or longer term. Also anything that the rotor downwash blows up and hits the gimbal/camera could be expensive. I have a heavy duty rubber mat to give me some protection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84