Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Spotlight Pro Discussion

The two modes blend well also in Tap Fly and Spotlight pro. So first lock on the subject with Spotlight Pro then Tap Fly your hands are now totally free to control the camera as it flies to a distant point and the camera pans as it passes the object. These features make for smooth flights without a two man team.

silly me. i understand now. you are referring to just the spotlight mode (not spotlight pro) for the active track--like profile, trace and spotlight. similar options on the mavic and p4...i always thought spotlight mode on the mavic was basically course lock (where you had control of the drone but the direction was locked in a straight path) with the gimbal/camera pointing to the subject you highlight with the box.

strange though, i was just flying the i2 on my iPad this time. the active track options are only trace and profile. however, when i flew the i2 with my iPhone, i had more options like forward facing, spotlight, etc.

any ideas where these options are on the iPad version?

The two modes blend well also in Tap Fly and Spotlight pro. So first lock on the subject with Spotlight Pro then Tap Fly your hands are now totally free to control the camera as it flies to a distant point and the camera pans as it passes the object. These features make for smooth flights without a two man team.

this would make for total automation correct? tap fly will control the i2 and spotlight pro with control the gimbal pointing to the subject....

since the update version, tap fly allows for CSG control with right stick (in mode2) so you can still control the camera/gimbal while the i2 flies to the tap location. but i still can't get the speed to change with the left dial...i have to use the slider on the screen. can anyone else confirm?

silly me. i understand now. you are referring to just the spotlight mode (not spotlight pro) for the active track--like profile, trace and spotlight. similar options on the mavic and p4...i always thought spotlight mode on the mavic was basically course lock (where you had control of the drone but the direction was locked in a straight path) with the gimbal/camera pointing to the subject you highlight with the box.

strange though, i was just flying the i2 on my iPad this time. the active track options are only trace and profile. however, when i flew the i2 with my iPhone, i had more options like forward facing, spotlight, etc.

any ideas where these options are on the iPad version?

Right I was wondering if anyone was still using just course lock? Because spotlight more or less is course lock with the added benefit of having the camera locked on to a certain subject and will yaw the aircraft for you as you pass by etc....

Hi smoak,

The options for ActiveTrack are Profile and Trace. Both offer only a fixed distance from the subject. ActiveTrack can be used with Spotlight Pro.

Hi smoak,

The options for ActiveTrack are Profile and Trace. Both offer only a fixed distance from the subject. ActiveTrack can be used with Spotlight Pro.

you can adjust distance from the subject on active track by pushing the right stick upwards(pitch), you can also rotate the I2 around the subject on trace by pushing the right stick left and right...

Yup, Spotlight Pro is just awesome on static objects. Used it again yesterday while videoing a fracking operation. I'm going to work on the active tracking function today and get it all figured out. Thanks for the feedback!!

@Dejan Smaic Here is a call out to anyone on this entire forum, if you are a fan of wildlife and or landscapes of wilderness country then you owe it to yourself to visit this man's website. One of my favorites is his skyline portrait of 2 young mountain goats plus the young mountain sheep on the run kicking up a wisp of snow crystals. We are blessed that he is able to access where these poses actually happen, then doubly blessed that he was there at the right time to share what he and his camera captured. Reminds me of some of the wilderness and wildlife video that Marty Stouffer brought to us in the 80's and early 90's on PBS.

Mr. Smaic - thank you for making the effort to get there and be there when magic happens to take place in front of your camera! Looking forward to seeing some of your Inspire 2 results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla